Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb >

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Old 08-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Each time you sit on the climbing rail the seat portion bites into the tree and remains stable.
I don't plan on sitting on the rail.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

don't plan on sitting on the rail.
You are sitting on the rail each time you pull the bottom platform up aren't you?

Old 08-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbilly archer

don't plan on sitting on the rail.
You are sitting on the rail each time you pull the bottom platform up aren't you?
That's what I was thinking.[8D]
Old 08-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

It doesn't sound like you are using it right. If you are not sitting on the bar then the top doesn't have a chance to bite into the tree as well.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Dominant Buck

If you use this stand as a hand climber.....why would you sit on the rail?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe because it's a sit and climb? Just a thought. You should have just bought the LW Alpha Hand Climber if you're going to use it like that.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Dominant Buck

You're making fun of me....and I'm RIGHT, EI?

LOL....

If I was such acompleteidiot as to climb without being tied off.....I'd get inside the rail, too

Old 08-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You're making fun of me....and I'm RIGHT, EI?

LOL....

If I was such acompleteidiot as to climb without being tied off.....I'd get inside the rail, too

Whatever Jeff. At least this idiot doesn't have problems with something as basic as a sit and climb.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Spike

i wish they made a bar to sit on and climb like the summit, one that does not swing and force your knees into the tree.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

The LW isn't for everyone. I can't see too many women using it, either. Most I know wouldn't be strong enough.

It's also not an "all day sitter" in my book. What I willl use it for.....is certain spots where I'll likely be evening hunting.........and getting into some tight spots (Where I might not see deer coming from a ways off....and might get caught sitting down).

It'll have its' place.

I love to hunt a lock-on......love to climb....and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. How much does that ol man weigh, Rob? Isn't it steel?

Jeff, before I bought my first Lone Wolf climbing stand I found a local pro shop who was the only dealer carrying them at the time(7-9 yrs. ago). The shop owners wife proceeded to take her Lone Wolf hand climbing model to some nearby trees and demonstrated the use of one. She is 5'6" and 125 lbs. .....a real looker I might add. No problem for her at all. After I tried it a couple of times I bought my first Lone Wolf climber. By the way I bought mine from an HNI member.

I also love lock ons and the ability to use them in places where its almost impossible to use a climber. Thus, my purchase of the Assault last season.

As for not liking or using the sitnclimb bar, to each his own but I find using the bar as intended and sitting/climbing to be much easier. Personally I've never had a problem of the upper portion falling. Before the attaching straps were in production I simply attached a bungi cord around the belt and tree and never had any problems while sitting/standing after reaching my desired height.

No its not the Holy Grail, no stand is. Its just personal preference in what stand a person uses.

Quick Reply: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.