Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb >

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Old 08-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

If it is used RIGHT, then anyone should be able to use it, woman, child, strong or weak. No sense it making it harder than it is.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Hillbilly....

If it's used RIGHT.....it'll take 20 minutes to get to the desired height.

I'm giving a real-life review of what I think of this stand......not a one-sided "All hail LW" endorsement. If I use the sit and climb bar every time (of course I'll use it......some).....this stand becomes VERY "marginal". I'm trying to maximize the advantageous aspects.

Used RIGHT....the increments in which one could ascend would be very small.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hillbilly....

If it's used RIGHT.....it'll take 20 minutes to get to the desired height.

I'm giving a real-life review of what I think of this stand......not a one-sided "All hail LW" endorsement. If I use the sit and climb bar every time (of course I'll use it......some).....this stand becomes VERY "marginal". I'm trying to maximize the advantageous aspects.

Used RIGHT....the increments in which one could ascend would be very small.
Being I have used it in real life, it does not take 20 mins for me to get to 20+ feet.

Now if were talking setup up in there also, then yes it takes me 15-20 mins
Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

You guys are wanting pick apart EVERY statement that doesn't paint this thing in the perfect light.

OK...let's make it easier.

Can you climb faster.....using it as a hand climber....or using it as a sit and climb?

However long it takes.....(______) minutes.....you're adding those minutes by using the bar and by limiting yourself to the short bites/increments.

Holy ****ing **** you guys are sensitive......lol.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not read all nine pages so forgive me if I echo what has already been said, but I have used this stand for three seasons now I have never owned a better climbing stand. I am 6'1 240 lbs. and I use the sit and climb method everytime I hunt. I usually hunt 18-25 feet off the ground and sure in the heck doesn't take me 20 min. to get where I want to be. The stand is light, quiet, and VERY easy to use. I have owned climbing stands made by Summit, API and Ol' Man. The LW is light years ahead of any of them as far as being the best all around climber out there in my eyes. Not an endorsement, just facts from someone who spends a lot of time hunting and has used several different climbers.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff exactly what is it about the Sit and Climb bar that makes it slower to climb with?

Maybe I just didn't see it in there, but I'm seriously not picturing how the increments that you go up the tree would be any different than with say a Summit with the straight bar?

You should have "X" number of feet or amount of distance between your butt and yourtoes for each pull of the platform regardless of where your butt is located to start with right? You're still reaching down the same amount wether your straight out or suspended a bit with the upper a bit above your hips?

I'm honestly a little confused why it would be harder/slower?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Dominant Buck

If you SIT and climb......you have the distance from how far you can raise your knees from your sitting position. That's ALL you have.

Do we agree on that?

You should have "X" number of feet or amount of distance between your butt and yourtoes for each pull of the platform regardless of where your butt is located to start with right?
If used as designed, I agree.....BUT.....

Now....as a hand climber (which is how I utlilize the summit, too)....I can raise the upper (seat portion of the climber) up to about shoulder height. I can then push up with my feet and push up with my arms. I can get a LOT more from each "increment", this way.

I hope I described that clearly.

As far as the increments between the straight summit bar and the LW bar......kind of a non-issue. I don't use either of them as they're designed. Too much work....and too slow.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Holy ****ing **** you guys are sensitive......lol.
I agree...sometimes this site should be titled "Elitist Yes Man Net"
Old 08-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok gotcha.......I thought you were using the Summit as a Sit to climb as well and were comparing apples to apples.

Why the heck didn't you just buy a Summit Cobra or the Hand climber LW??
Old 08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Ok gotcha.......I thought you were using the Summit as a Sit to climb as well and were comparing apples to apples.

Why the heck didn't you just buy a Summit Cobra or the Hand climber LW??

He had to prove to eveyone that he wouldn't like it!!!!!!lol

Quick Reply: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.