Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's wrong?

Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default What's wrong?

I posted this thread where it really belongs, but it's a serious problem that I HAVE to address, so I went with the masses. I just bought my Cudde last year, and got great pics all season, reguardless of the weather.I just put it out 2 weeks ago, and checked it today. It had 19 pics like this. I'm NOT happy to say the least.[&o][:'(][>:]
Could this be from moisture? Another thing I noticed was, it didn't show a pic of me from when I approached it.[&:]I can only get to it from the front. I don't get it. Last year I was bragging how great my Cudde EXCITE was, and now this mess!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. At the time this pic was taken, it should be perfect.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's wrong?

1. Put batteries in it.
2. Put the batteries in the right way.
3. Turn the dang thing on.
4. Remove the leaves hanging in front of the motion sensor.

You old farts need constant reminding!

Alot of the deer here have moved into the crop fields and are staying there. Once the crops nearby are harvested, # of pics will increase again.
Also take the camera and make sure its operating correctly. Last year, a bunch of gnats got into my camera and died in front of the actual motion sensor (not the lens) and it wouldn't take a pic for nothing until I cleaned out the insides. The pic looks like the day/night sensor is not working properly.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

That looks like more than a battery problem to me
Old 08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn Mark, you're a tough one!No, seriously, I put brand new Duracell batteries in it when I set it (only 2 weeks ago). It said 100% battery.Today, it said they were still at 50%. I don't see how it could be a battery issue. I did nothing different from last year. Should I go back in and take it apart to see if there's anything going on that might be visible? I didn't notice anything today.
I'm really bummed.[&o][&o] I look soooo forward to checking my pics. Especially since Ionly check itevery 2 weeks.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:08 PM

19 pics in 2 weeks and only 50% battery left?? That doesn't sound good. Looks to me like moisture or corrosion inside the electronics myself..jmo
Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The battery part was a joke. If it's still under warranty get a new one. If not, take it apart and clean off the boards and ensure the sensors are covered up on the inside by bugs and debris then put it back together and see if it works better. But it looks like it's trying to take infrared photos during the day. Day/night sensor could be bad or blocked from sensing. Good luck you old man!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dont worry EI, your not the only one with problems right now. My Moultrie and my Stealth both died. The Stealth is getting replaced by the company, idk about the Moultrie though.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jkcmerg

19 pics in 2 weeks and only 50% battery left?? That doesn't sound good. Looks to me like moisture or corrosion inside the electronics myself..jmo
I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw it only had 50% battery. It didn't drain that quickly last year withroughly the same amount of pics for the same time period. It hasn't gotten knocked or anything. I take good care of my stuff.
The sad thing is, it says for the one year limited warenty to be in effect, you must have the reciept. Which I don't. I did get it from Cabela's. Shouldn't they have record of the sale if I need to return it? They are usually good about returns. Should I go back in and check it more closely, or let it take a few pics with the second card that I put in it today?
Old 08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

The battery part was a joke.
I know it was. Didn't you see the's?I was thinking of leaving it up for a couple of days to see how it works with the second flash card that I switched it with today. That way I can rule out a bad flash card? Sound like a good idea? Or should I just go right back in and check it real carefully? I think there's only so much that you can do if there's moisture in there, shy of sending it back without my reciept.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flash card failure would not affect whether or not it took a picture and the quality of the photos. Bad card would result in either limited photos or no photos at all. I personally would go pull it immediately and check it over thoroughly. If there is nothing evident, something going wrong on the PCB. If that's the case, time for a new camera. Good Luck Brother.

Quick Reply: What's wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.