Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how much money do we waste >

how much money do we waste

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how much money do we waste

Old 08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default how much money do we waste

ok i have been ordering my gear for the year. it comes to around 2000. i wish it was 4000 so i had everything i wanted.

But how much money do you guys think we spend on stuff we do not need.
I figured i would get a range finder i am thinking it will wait till next year. I did not need it last year why do i this year. I think it would help since alot of my hunting will be on public land moving around in a ground blind.
There are a few other things i did not really need. i did not need 100s worht of camo for warm weather when i could have done it for 50.

How much money do you guys spend on stuff you do not need
Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how much money do we waste

Most of what I have I don't technically need. However, it sure makes hunting easier and more comfortable. I believe it's important to save some money,give some and blow some. I try to balance those three, so I never feel guilty about getting new gear.

Pouring money into this hobby keeps me from going nuts until the season gets here.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of money spent. But I look at it as an investment. Especially since everything is going up in price. Someday I'll be able to pass it down to my son. So I have no regrets in what I buy and I'm sure I'll buy more.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well...I'm on the other end...I'll be 53 next week...My bow is over 15 years old and I bought it used for $200...It fits me perfectlly because I'm a finger shooter, have no desire to use a release and most of the major manufacturest don't even make a finger bow anymore...So, this year I bought a dozen 2413s and a pack of replacement blades for my Muzzys and Thunderheads, I'm ready to hunt...

I gun hunt as well...My .243 is 28 years old...
Old 08-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hunters spend billions every year and not a single one of those dollars was spent on a need. Go into a Cabelas and nothing in there is a need.

If we stopped hunting we could literally eat filet minjon and lobster every day of our lives until we were dead with the money we didn't spend on a "want".

But I would rather die thanquit telling myself (and my wife) thatI "need" to spend more money on hunting.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:55 PM

I don't want to think about it...

I've made a couple big purchases...

New bow.

New truck.

There's almost 20k so far this year. [&:]

Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not this guy. I laugh at new toys when they come out. Like people weren't doin it for years before all this new crap hit the shelves. The tree-monkey swingin stand, that bleat can swing thingy, new camo every single year, the newest bows every single year, why the heck would you NEED that? You don't.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Spike

Well...lets see,

$80 on anchor sight last month,
This month: $100 for 12 GT XT Hunter arrows, $2 cat whiskers.
Today: $90 for Ripcord drop away rest and $60 for Morell bag target.
What next month and the month after that holds.....Priceless.

Why oh why am I blessed with this addiction??Hard to believe my wife hasn't left me yet.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM

I dont waste any money, I hunt with the bare mins, old camo, old treestands, no need fo rthe new crap.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

Most of what I have I don't technically need. However, it sure makes hunting easier and more comfortable. I believe it's important to save some money, spend some and blow some. I try to balance those three, so I never feel guilty about getting new gear.

Pouring money into this hobby keeps me from going nuts until the season gets here.
You nailed it robbycayman.

Quick Reply: how much money do we waste

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.