Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Something that I don't think we've ever polled: >

Something that I don't think we've ever polled:

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Something that I don't think we've ever polled:

Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Default RE: Something that I don't think we've ever polled:

I don't own any right now, but I will one day. And I do have a stand on that place for the first time ever this year.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted for multiple options. I own, I have a camp there and hunt private land, and I "kinda" own a place too.....family land that butts up to my patch. I have 26 acres, my father has about 30, my grandparents have 8, and my Aunt has about 60. All of the property butts up to each other to form a continous belt of family property, and I have exclusive permission on all of it. It's really an ideal situation and I realize I'm fortunate to have it.

If I had to do it again, I'd do the same thing I did even without the family property attached to it........I would have bought moreland though and found a way to do it financially. The price was good enough (negotiated privately), that I couldn't pass it up. I actually bought the land before I bought our current house becauseit worked out to be a better investment at the time with the equity I gained through the purchase.

Only thing I don't enjoy is that I have to drive 3.5-4 hours each way to get there. If I did things again and didn't have the family property there I would have likely gotten something closer to home. Plans are to use it as a hunting camp until Iretire or have an opportunity to be location independant for work, and then build a house on the land.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye

None of you options match what I own, I did vote for the other options that match though.....

Iown 15 acres where my house sits, although I have never hunted it. My step dad has killed2 yearling bucks and a doe here though over the past two seasons.I also gave some guy permission to bring his kids out the year before last and they shot a yearling buck and a doe.
Dang you, Scott! I even put the travel trailer option on there just for you!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

None of you options match what I own, I did vote for the other options that match though.....

Iown 15 acres where my house sits, although I have never hunted it. My step dad has killed2 yearling bucks and a doe here though over the past two seasons.I also gave some guy permission to bring his kids out the year before last and they shot a yearling buck and a doe.
Why don't you hunt it? Just curious.

As to me. I hunt 90 acres I live on right now, but my parents own it (yes I'm almost 24 and still living with my parents as I wait for my fiance to graduate). I'm also part owner in 1200+ acres at our hunting cabin. I would like to eventually break away and find some more land that I have more control over than I do right now. I was just thinking tonight as I glassed our fields here at home, that I'm seeing less deer this year than ever before. The farmer who leases our land isn't planting nearly the quality crops he used to. No more alfalfa, the hay is usually terrible, and the corn hasn't been rotated for ages (although it's doing well). We have about 40 acres tied up in leased agriculture, and if we didn't have it leased, I could be doing some serious deer habitat restoration (imagine the food plots, apple orchards, oak plots, etc I could have). I hope to some day (which is mainly why I'm living at home saving money) to buy 50+ acres, and make it my own bowhunting paradise if you will.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Dang you, Scott! I even put the travel trailer option on there just for you!
Good looking out for me! Looks like I am the only one so far that uses a camper though[&:]
Old 08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why don't you hunt it? Just curious.
The "trophy" potential on my land is very low. I like my odds better at other places that I can hunt.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own fifteen acres of timber in SE Indiana. the options were less than 10 , or 20-50, and since there was no in between for my 15 acres I put down 20-50
Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 PM

I hunt public land. However, I just (by just i mean in the last week)bought 1/2 (got a GREAT deal) an acre I figured it a good investment, I may be moving to AL but now ill always have a place to hunt hogs in FL. However, my 1/2 acre buts up to almost 30,000 acres in lake wales I can hunt. My landis about300-400 yrds from a dirt access road so I plan on clear cutting it all in the next month or so and setting up a food plot and feeder to see if I can attract a few deer and hogs for 09/10 season.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I currently lease some property to hunt in New York. I have been on a mission to purchase some land either in Northwest PA or Northwest NY.

I am a big believer that the only way to protect your right to hunt is to own the property to ensure that you can....sad but with lawsuits you hear about, I wouldn't want to give permission myself due to the risks of injury or death.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

My house is on 16 acres, but I have access to about 60 more acres of the surrounding properties.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.