Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 broadhead that flies like a field tip? >

broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead that flies like a field tip?

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

I`ll just ignore the ignorance as anyone who has experience with a bow knows adding weight to one side will create side torque and I`m here for pointers not foolish arguments. yeesh
Call it what you want, BUT the torque is in your HAND, not from that quiver. Ignorance here is speaking for himself, and it's pretty obvious.

Not sure where there's a good link here, but this is STICKY'd on another site and is quite informative in all honesty. It's been referred to literally THOUSANDS of times by good EXPERIENCED archers.... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=539460
Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

I always think of extremes in this situation,imagine you have a ten pound weight on iether side of your bow,that would create obvious side torque right?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

It would ONLY create torque if you allowed the extra weight to MAKE you torque the bow in your hand.

Hold it steady.....NO torque issues.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

I do have a level on my sights and do use it on every shot,making sure my grip is loose enough centered in my palm
Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always think of extremes in this situation,imagine you have a ten pound weight on iether side of your bow,that would create obvious side torque right?
TRUE ANSWER.... NO, not if you have a good grip. I notice NO difference with or without a quiver on my bow, loaded with 5 or 7 arrows. Precisely why I'm saying the problem is the guy behind the bow. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm trying to guide you to realizing there IS a better way of doing things. I posted on another forum that I believe my Slick Tricks fly BETTER than my FP's and out to 40yds, I'm sticking them where at least one blade is touching the 2" diamond in the center of my MDL Broadhead target.

In all honesty, if you tune your bow to shoot BH's close/with FP's, you'll shoot FP's better as well. I may have come off harsh, but you really are spewing forth BS and I know a lot of guys who think like you do or used to think like you do until they "saw the light," archery wise at least.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe someone should define "A GOOD GRIP"
Old 08-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do have a level on my sights and do use it on every shot,making sure my grip is loose enough centered in my palm
The more you type, the more you open yourself up to make yourself a BETTER archer. The bow should BARELY touch your palm. If you hold it between your thumb and index finger, and let the rest of your fingers fall free, that's the way you should be holding it. Are you using a wrist strap??? If not, you NEED one. It will help you "relax" your hand and eliminate torque. Seriously, look at the link I provided, it's been hit on over 22,000 times for a reason!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I may be all wrong, here.....but I don't think of it as "gripping" my bow. I'm allowing the bow grip to rest agaisnt the right spot on the inner part of my palm......the extension of my thumb(if you will). My fingers only rest on the front of the riser...because that's where they are most comfortable....and it assures me of no tension in my bow hand.

The "force" of holding the bow is applied by the fact that I'm at full draw. I don't "grip" my bow.

I hope this makes sense....and if not...I'm gonna learn something
Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

i was suprised when i put the shutle t-lock 100 grain on after sighting in with field tip, didn't have to change a thing. right in the bulls eye
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

I may have mis-spoke there,I can`t imagine centering the grip in my palm,actually the area you spoke of between the thumb and index,but more on the left side of thethumb muscle,I don`t let the bow fall away after release though,I do own a sling but don`t use it because I dont let the bow fall away.

Quick Reply: broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.