Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many days will you take off? >

How many days will you take off?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many days will you take off?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many days will you take off?

Ny Bowhunter---that is awesome!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

I currently have 15 days planned in October, November, and early December. Depending on how the hunt goes, I might cutback to 10 or up to 20 days. We will see. That's the nice thing about beingmy ownboss. The downside is I don't make $$$ when I'm not working.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

11 days and a wake up here, maybe in and taged out then again could take all season. new to the area so well see what happens. lots of sign were im going. i work part time in a seafood plant. i told them im taking the 29th of aug to the 9th of sept.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

5.5 days for elk
5.5 days for whitetails during the rut. The way my schedule runs 5.5 days actually gives me 6 off.
Plus a scattered evening afterwork, weekends, and friday afternoons.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably won't take any days off, but I'll be in the woods every day, 6 days a week. Evenings on the weekdays, and morning/evenings on Saturdays.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

This is the beauty of owning a business! Last year I was in the woods, just about every morning and afternoon. I have a 4 yr old I get to daycare before 6:30 so its in the woods straight from there.

This year, I have additional land and intend to be hunting it all. If it wasnt for Sundays I would be in there before church!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't recall taking ANY days off, last year....and I hunted 48 times. If I average 4 hour sits (likely)....that's almost 200 hours on stand.

I'm fortunate in that I can come in late on some days.....and take off early on others. I can also hunt every day in the early season, in the evenings.

I plan on 1 or two days vacation to hunt.....but I'll pick them strategically.....and they'll be dependent on what's already been taken. I hope to take ZERO days vacation to hunt.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 AM

I haven't decided yet. It will depend entirely on the weather... If we can get some decent cold weather during the rut, I'll probably take a week or so..

I can pretty much come and go within reason, so I'll get my days one way or another.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

During the season I get a bunch of time off anyway. I will probably use about 5-10 vacation/sick days as well.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've alreadyburnedwhat littlevacation time I hadfor '08, so I'll be sticking to my normal routine of making my weekends count and striking when an opportunity presents itself.Lots of balls in the air right now, work-wise, so I still can't state with any certainty whether or not I'll be able to hunt evenings. There's also a chance that I may be able to fenangle a week break between jobs.

I'm 100% confident that I'll tag out on something. Just not sure what or where.

Even with zero vacation time, I'm confident that I can push my stand time over the 150-hour mark, just playing the hand that I'm dealt.

Quick Reply: How many days will you take off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.