Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why did you start????? >

Why did you start?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why did you start?????

Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why did you start?????

Iheard there were some deer in the herd here, molesting children. I thought I could do my part.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

At first I did it to get more time out in the woods.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Iheard there were some deer in the herd here, molesting children. I thought I could do my part.
Tasty fawns had nothing to with it GMMAT?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

More time in the deer woods
Old 08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted with a rifle and muzzleloader b4 bow. I started bow hunting to extend my seasons. Now I bowhunt more than anything else. I can practice in my yard with my bow.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

well first it was for me to be able to spend time with my family after a while my brother went to iraq and my dad stopped bow hunting and it was a time to spend time with friends and be out in the woods as much as i can. and i can always use a competition gun hunting is way to easy[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

I started because of my dad, he hunted with friends and family and as I was old enough I began to tag along. Shot my first bunnies in 1975 at 13, missed my first deer with the bow at 14, got my first deerwith thebow andgunat 16.
[/align]
[/align]Through the years there have been ups and downs in my desire to hunt, mosthave had to do with the people or the lack ofthem to enjoy it all with. The thrill of the hunt the stories and the laughs theyare the best part of hunting. Most of the old crew is gone or unable to hunt their kids never took to the sport, and my dad is to old to hunt any longer. So now it is just me as I have yet to find a true hunting partner.
[/align]
[/align]Enjoy the good times and those around you for nothing lasts forever.
[/align]
[/align]Paul
[/align]
Old 08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started so i could hunt more. 2 weeks of gun hunting just wasn't enough.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I went to an Army acquaintances house one night for dinner. He had a bow, conversation led to try a few shots. It was a recurve. I just liked it immediately and bought a Damon Howitt the next day.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started shooting a bow around age 10 or 11. Just target shooting for fun with a recurve. At age 12 I took my hunters safety course and started gun hunting that fall. I believe I was 14 when my parents bought me a Black Bear compound bow for Christmas. The year after that I started bow hunting. None of my family bow hunted but I consider my grandfather as the person that put the idea in my head. He was a very successful gun hunter and I remember him telling me how taking an animal with a bow was even more challenging. That is what inspired me to pursue it.

Quick Reply: Why did you start?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.