Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pardon my ignorance >

Pardon my ignorance

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pardon my ignorance

Old 08-17-2008, 04:56 PM

Default Pardon my ignorance

Ok all I need your expertise. I've set up a ladder stand about 40yds off a nice creek to the left of the stand. I've also set up a trail cam at the base of the same tree. I've got5 pics of adeer and over 100 of hogs. Now I won't hesitate to stick a hog but what i want is deer. Deer have skirted the setup traveling down a dried creek bed to the right but the shot is sketchy to say the least. Is the reason foe few deer pics due to the amount of hogs? I have not baited or scented the area yet but intend to at the end of the month.I feel this stand can produce because it'salmost blind to the naked eye but has great sign and trail all around it of both deer and hogs.What's your advise.

V/R
MD
Old 08-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pardon my ignorance

could just be the deer at not getting within range of the camera might move it around alittle why not clear a shot to where there at.

I also will be setting a ladder stand up by a creek but about 5 yards away from it why so far away.
I will note the reson i set up right on the creek is because the deer walk down from a thicket across the creek and broadside of where i will set the stand to a field
Old 08-17-2008, 05:30 PM

The reason is due to when it rains alotthe creek swells and I can't afford to loose my stand and all the trees that used to be closer have been washed away due to flooding. With bow season almost a month away I really don't want to disturb to much this close to the season. I have moved my camera around and the current position is the best and has provided to clearest shots.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would set in it a few time and see what happens
kill some hogs if nothing else and move it if need be
I would be glad to kill some of those piggys for you
ORIGINAL: MASTERDIVER

The reason is due to when it rains alotthe creek swells and I can't afford to loose my stand and all the trees that used to be closer have been washed away due to flooding. With bow season almost a month away I really don't want to disturb to much this close to the season. I have moved my camera around and the current position is the best and has provided to clearest shots.