Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my washing machine smells like laundry detergent >

my washing machine smells like laundry detergent

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my washing machine smells like laundry detergent

Old 08-16-2008, 03:59 PM

Default RE: my washing machine smells like laundry detergent

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

I buy the unscented Sport Wash detergent and wash 2 or 3 loads of my regular clothes with that before I wash my hunting stuff.
This is what I do.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Ok so you scent free guys . Howmany are on Public water systems . Because if you are what are you doing about your cl2 residual .
Old 08-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Run a capful of Atsko Sport Wash or your choice of unscented Laundry Soap ( I like Dead Down Wind as well) and a half box (small box) of Baking Soda thru the machine. When it gets full, let it sit for 1/2 hr. Then turn it back on and let it run the rinse cycle. This usually gets rid of any detergent odors in the washer. After I wash my clothes in the same mixture, I then wash hands in scent free soap, take the clothesout and straight outside to hang dry. I never use the dryer unless it is an emergency (raining outside). If I have to use the dryer, I soak an unscented dryer sheet with Dead Down Wind field spray and throw it in the dryer with my clothes.(You would be surprised how well this works.)

Note: If you are going to have to use the dryer, I strongly suggest washing the lint filter with unscented soap and drying with a blow dryer or unscented towel beforehand.

Just my routine.

LT
Old 08-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

All great ideas - thanks fellas!

Anymore?

Also - does anyone have anything to say about hanging clothes out to dry in VERY populated suburban area?

I have had my clothes in a container with scent wafers for a year now and they are pretty saturated... anyone else do this without washing? I always wash, but was wondering...