Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Videotaping hunts... >

Videotaping hunts...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Videotaping hunts...

Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Videotaping hunts...

I've seen a lot of amateur video of some great hunts online and have always thought that it would be a fun thing to do in order to preserve some hunting memories. My buddy and I are thinking of setting up a tree capable of accomidating a shooter and a cameraman. Anyone have any tips on a good way to go about this?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Videotaping hunts...

Just seen this tip on "Cabela's Memories in the Field", Put the camera mans stand bottom(platform) of it at the seat of the hunters stand, Also at a 90 degree angle to the hunters dominant side.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Videotaping hunts...

I don't but I have a friend who got into that last year. He went out and bought an HD camera and has filmed it just like the TV shows where he points the camera at himself, whispers into it, pans his view talks about the deer activity he expects to see. It's quite commical I must say. He has it on an arm that he mounts to the tree. It has screwed up some hunts as well. He has also done several duck and goose hunts.