Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 drop away rest on a legacy >

drop away rest on a legacy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

drop away rest on a legacy

Old 03-10-2003, 12:53 PM

Default drop away rest on a legacy

hi can someone tell me if i can use a NAP 4000 drop away on a mathews legacy,
if so, how do i hook it up.
thanks buzzer
Old 03-11-2003, 04:24 PM

Default RE: drop away rest on a legacy

Not yet. I contacted NAP and they said a new rest should come out in June ( I believe) that will work with the roller style cable gaurd.

I know the Trophy taker rests will work. You can just connect them to the cable.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Spike

Default RE: drop away rest on a legacy

I just did one of them yesterday. What you have to do first after setting the height to the berger button is to take the bar that the cable hooks on and move it 180 degrees on the rest shaft and then lock it in with the screw. Then I took a piece of D-Loop material and ran it through the hole closest to the end. When I FINALLY got it through I took a lighter and heated and mushroomed the BOTTOM end then I pullled it all the way to the top. IMPORTANT!! Your string has to come out the top to get complete extention of the rest otherwise it doesn' t go all the way up. Then I started to serve it into the Cable about four inches under the rest. I pulled the string tight and when I got about ten to fifteen wraps I stopped and drew the bow. This settled the serving into the correct place on the cable. Then I finished serving the string to the cable. I used this procedure on my Conquest II before I tried it on a Legacy and it was actually easier on the Legacy. I didn' t like the cable they gave with the rest (even though it worked) so i did it this way. I is working great on my bow. I hope you understand this because it looks kind of complicated. Let me know how it worked.