Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Run-n-gun or Planned out? >

Run-n-gun or Planned out?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Run-n-gun or Planned out?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Run-n-gun or Planned out?

How do y'all hunt. I'm a runner-n-gunner. I don't scout, but I know my area. I don't pattern my deer but I know where they feed. I don't pre-hang my stands but I pretty much know where I'm going to hunt before I go into the woods. Tell me about you.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Run-n-gun or Planned out?

i plan everything out, i know pretty much every buck that is using that area and which buck i am most likely to see, my stands are hung a month and a half b4 season..........but i never know where im going to hunt until that morning when i wake up and see the wind direction
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know how anyone could be a "total" planner.

I usually don't know where I'm going to hunt until the night before. Sometimes I even switch that up on the way to stand. That makes it fun....but I honestly wouldn't know any other way.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Totally planning is not possible I don't think, even just with wind shifts. I know approximately where i'm going, but not exactly where until I step outside on the morning/evening of the hunt, then I decide for sure. I have moved during a hunt too...
Old 08-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Yeh, I do a little of both, but more running when the rut starts I guess.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted a little of both.
I try to have somewhat a plan to where i will hunt but i am always ready to move at a seconds notice for what ever reason,
Old 08-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we all try to plan but we are hindered by weather and winds and other things.
I know I hang all my stands early and scout pretty much year round. I have maps galore of old scrape lines andpreviousbedding areas from the last 5 years. So i guess i'm gonna have to say overall.....Anal planner
Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 PM

I'm an ambush/sniper. I set up where I am confident the deer travel and wait for one to walk by. I don't do a lot of scouting because I simply don't have a lot of land to hunt. My stand locations are pretty limited so that cuts down some on time for me.

Paul
Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Many mornings I am debating where I will setup the whole drive to the hunting grounds. I have even decided to change locations when ariving at a parking lot with a few trucks already in it.

I have a decent drive to where I hunt so if I hunt the mornings I usually just stay and hunt the evening also. This gives me alot of time midday to explore and find new spots......my version of run and gun.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

been a runner/gunner for many moons, this year have three ladder stands in place(1st time ever)and in the back of my mind may not hunt a one of them on the opener

Quick Reply: Run-n-gun or Planned out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.