SO! now the problem Let me paint the picture for you. The wind is blowing away from the thicket to the north, the westward sun beats down on my right cheeck with no mercy. Sweating like a champ I..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3. >

Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3.

Its Suggestion time!!! Tonight I saw 2 bucks!!SO! now the problem

Let me paint the picture for you.

The wind is blowing away from the thicket to the north, the westward sun beats down on my right cheeck with no mercy. Sweating like a champ I take out my cell phone to see what time it is, 6:30. Im early enough. The view from my summit Openshot was slightly impared because of some branches, I hoisted my trimmers with a few snips, the view was open again. I begin to make marks of places to cut shooting lanes incase one of those deer things... wait theres one of those deer things!! I take out my cell phone look at the time its 7:30 an hour passed through the blink of an eye. As the deer gets closer I see a rack, a solid 100" 2.5 buck. My heart races with excitement, next year he will be a bruiser. Then behind him! Another redish brown spot!!! My life is so sweet!! A little fork horn!! A 1.5 year old!! Potential for 2 years from now!! As you can guess my heart is beating out of my chest, I stand up and fake draw my Air Hoyt. They are none the wiser. Just like it was planned they funnel down the trail and yes!!! they turn onto my food plot!!!! I'm floating on cloud nine, I saw a bachelor group of bucks!! But not the one I was hoping to see. Knowing he survived by the shed finding, I havent given up ho...... Wait. What the hell is that noise??!?!? My head snaps back toward the houses 500 yards away.... "There may very well be a murder tonight"

As the Suzuki RIPS PAST ME!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] I sit back down on my seat which has by now re inflated. Turns out the four wheeler path that I was sitting close to is being used.... Such a shame. He heads back toward the houses I was thanking the lord that that was over, I look at my cell phone 7 40. Awesome still time!! maybe if its quie..... OK now there IS going to be a murder. Here comes 8 people walking down this old road that leads onto PRIVATE!!! property. (the last people who trespassed were shot at. This shows the level of brains these people had.) So I'm sitting there contemplating suicide as they throw sticks into the bedding area and the 3 smaller ones run rampant through the woods which I am the ONLY one allowed to be in. I realize something.... theres that strange noise again. one that could only be associated with that yellow suzuki........ but wait... thats not the yellow suzuki..... its a green utility... ohh wait no, thers the yellow suzuki in close 2nd... and hey!!! the brought a third its a party now!!! yes!! a Blue Banshee!!! Ohh my night keeps getting better and better.

20ft up in the tree I watch as the 8 people converge with the 3 quad riders, just out of eye sight they roam and I can still hear them talking. The one on the yellow quad begins to explain to the nice woman how he owns all of this and simington dosent own it and he's the only one with permission.

A thought blazes through my head, if you own it, why would you need permission.....

As Listen to the man claim he owns the property that is posted beyond belief and signed without his name, the one on the green four wheeler begins to explain to the kind woman that he is the one who owns the property that they had just came from. The one I'm the only one who has permission to be on. I begin to laugh.

One of the ladies is wearing a white shirt and black shorts, shorty shorts. she looks as though the thunder thighs have been with her as long as she has been able to walk. As she roared past Thunder and lightning cracking away, she is Strutting her stuff beyond your wildest dreams she takes the left fork (me being closer to the right fork) I stand up. An awful scream can be heard throughout the small timber, she says ohh my god!! you scared me!! .... I offer no responce. She says Your like a monkey up in the tree there!! from 40 yards away i can make out a marlobrol hanging out of her lip as shes talking to me. I sit in udder disbelief that this is happening to me I was a good person why why me??

To the shock of myself, she begins to talk to me.... She cant really see me so she sorta keeps strolling and is just sorta talking cause shes not 100% who/what I am. (I'm willing to bet if I wouldnt have responded a sasquatch sighting would have been on the 11 o clock news) I hear a utility four wheeler fire up about 70 yards from me Its in reverse.... Then I see it ripping down the trail after the woman he stops. Asks her is everything OK?? she says ohh yeah, thers a guy in the tree up there killing deer.... I sorta bite my lip and have that look on my face like If only I had a gun right now... I would SOOOO do the world a favor and rid you of this place. but No gun.

The man stops his quad gets off and walks up the trail where she points me out to him. He has the shorts and flip flop attire on with a blaze orange freshly cut off sleeveless shirt on. He says You killing my deer??

Ohh their your deer?

[no response]

(I can hear them talking but with 2 ruptured ear drumbs I cant tell the words their saying)

He blurts out: So you hunt back here???

Every day.

You know if you kill one of my deer I'm going to have to rough you up.

Oh? rough me up?? Your deer?? well you see. You dont own this and I REALLY doubt your going to be roughing anyone up. Seeing as how I can stomp your (Edit) Face in I dont think you will be roughing anyone up.

[No response]

(They say something and I cant hear them again)

Man: you know I'm only joking right

You know I'm not joking.

(A long silence as he stands there next to her and they are strangers he walks back down to his quad and gets on, leaves.)

The lady is still standing there I cant really see her face but I can tell you shes a blond and she says you know I walk my kids back here.... she starts walking back the direction into which she had just come from back to the other guys with their quads. I know they couldnt hear us because I imagine they would have come down to join the party. Shes walking away from me back toward the fork and I cant really hear her very clearly (bad hearing) shes saying you better not scare me and my kids. long pause as she walks (I'm not sure if shes waiting for a response or not, but she wasnt getting one) She walks a little bit and says I walk with my kids up here every day...

me: OK. Congratulations??

I check my cell phone for the last time 7:50 I'm leaving before it gets any darker.

Now I REALLY dont like being mean about this type of stuff and I've never said to anyone before hey I'm the only one with permission to be here because the guy who gave me the permission never said I dont want anyone else there So I dont know if I should just tell them HEY I'm the only one with permission and I'll ****** you off the ground this time and next time I will call the police.

SO with all that taken into affect, What should I do?

AND!!! I almost forgot last year on the first day of archery season, I hunted this area, Sitting there in my summit openshot again with my hoyt lazertec, I see some deer step out and right as they do here comes the yellow quad with a female driver I'm not sure if its the same person as the blonde I was telling tonights story about but it may be.

Anyhow she has 2 bags on the back of her quad. she stops about 90 yards from me and she looks around drops one of the bags off. Goes past me and stalls the quad I whistle she looks around puzzled and cant find me i whistle again she starts the quad rides onto the private and posted ground and returns with no bag shortly later. Then later that evening I shot my buck.

SO I'm clueless because its not my place to do anything really.

HELP.

Ryan.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gather Round Boys and Girls!!

I think that may be my longest post ever...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

anyone care to elaborate on their poll response for me?

Ryan.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talk to the land owner. After feeling out how he feels about trespassers on his property, if he dislikes it, call him when they are there again and let him getahold of the law. If on the other hand he has a "oh well" attitude, there is nothing you can do.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh. I forgot to mention. I cant get ahold of the land owner.. He moved and noone knows where he went off to. I tried to look him up and use the old cell phone number but its no longer in service it prolly been 3 years since I seen him last. I usted to see him quite often He accully has 1 leg the other one is gone just below the knee

Ryan.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The owner can give you permission to call the authorities. Just talk to him and for god sake settle down!!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Talk to the land owner. After feeling out how he feels about trespassers on his property, if he dislikes it, call him when they are there again and let him getahold of the law. If on the other hand he has a "oh well" attitude, there is nothing you can do.
I agree but,

Ohh. I forgot to mention. I cant get ahold of the land owner.. He moved and noone knows where he went off to. I tried to look him up and use the old cell phone number but its no longer in service it prolly been 3 years since I seen him last. I usted to see him quite often He accully has 1 leg the other one is gone just below the knee

Ryan.
Are you positive you have rights permission there?

If you have the rights, I'd have serious discussions with all whom are trespassing. You can start as the nice guy and ask them to curb the trespassing specifically during open seasons. If that doesn't work, time to be the bad guy within the laws.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

See the guy moved and I never got WRITTEN permission it was verbal, He said You're the only one allowed to hunt back here and I dont want to see any trash of yours and I dont want to see you on any of the four wheelers.

Ryan.

Edit: and i'm one of 5 people who has permission for the private ground and the other 4 I'm close friends with.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't get a hold of this guy but you still hunt his property? What was in the bags? I would have gotten down and looked in the bags! As far as the hunting goes I would look for other property its obvious his land is being used to distribute drugs.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That story confused me............ But OK[X(]

Quick Reply: Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.