SO! now the problem Let me paint the picture for you. The wind is blowing away from the thicket to the north, the westward sun beats down on my right cheeck with no mercy. Sweating like a champ I..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3. >

Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gather Round Boys and Girls!! Updated page 3.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gather Round Boys and Girls!!

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

When I got home I called 2 of them they were like Ohh I dont want to be a jerk and cause problems, Which they still had not done anything illegal yet because they stopped right outside the posted ground they were turning to go down the trail that leads them onto it 5 more yards and trespassers they would have been. the owner there went to jail for shooting at trespassers once. the posted stuff is Simingtons ground and the stuff right next to it is the piece thats not posted but its not open to the public either. which is the piece In question.

Ryan.
Well if they were not on the land you have permission to be on then you have right to say anything. All you can do is try to find the landowner of the property they were on. Other than that, your nuts and bolts.
I have verbal permission for the one and written for the other the verbal is the one where I can find the guy (mike) to see if I can tell people to leave or not.

The other one I know they go on because mr Simington asked me to cut 2 trees down across the one path that connects the 2 properties, which I did and all they did is pull them off the trail enough they could ride over/around them.

Ryan.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let them go the deer are always seeing them come through there. Second thought,pass a hint to the owner just to get his reaction.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

When I got home I called 2 of them they were like Ohh I dont want to be a jerk and cause problems, Which they still had not done anything illegal yet because they stopped right outside the posted ground they were turning to go down the trail that leads them onto it 5 more yards and trespassers they would have been. the owner there went to jail for shooting at trespassers once. the posted stuff is Simingtons ground and the stuff right next to it is the piece thats not posted but its not open to the public either. which is the piece In question.

Ryan.
Well if they were not on the land you have permission to be on then you have right to say anything. All you can do is try to find the landowner of the property they were on. Other than that, your nuts and bolts.
I have verbal permission for the one and written for the other the verbal is the one where I can find the guy (mike) to see if I can tell people to leave or not.

The other one I know they go on because mr Simington asked me to cut 2 trees down across the one path that connects the 2 properties, which I did and all they did is pull them off the trail enough they could ride over/around them.

Ryan.

Get more drastic, cut down trees over the trails and pound a poster there. Take pictures of what you've installed.
IF that's removed, call the authorities. That's your only option I'm afraid.

Take a camera, still or video and when they are there, take their picture or film them trespassing, people hate that and may get the picture "sorry the pun".
Old 08-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

No offense, Rob.....but the LAST thing I would do on land I wasn't POSITIVE I had permission to be on.....was cut anything down (hell I wouldn't do that on land I KNEW I had permission to be on).

Five minutes and a tax search will tell you who the owner is. Ten mor eminutes and a phone call....and you could get his contact information. They send the bill......."somewhere".
Old 08-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

This i how the area is laid out the pink are four wheeler trails, which there arent any supposted to be there but hey, there are so. You'll notice by my hunting location one of the paths transitions into the other property, this is where they stopped right on the property line of where I could tell them to get out and stay out. Anyhow. This should help to clear everything up.

Ryan.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the state of Oklahoma verbal permission is only good for one year only.

Like another poster stated, what if the guy you got permission from died or sold the land? You may be the one trespassing, so find out. If that isn't the case you should post up no trespassing signs for the future. If you see them again warn them verbally in a cordial way.

If the problem persists call the law.