Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Waterproof" camo >

"Waterproof" camo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Waterproof" camo

Old 08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default "Waterproof" camo

With all of the camo talk each season,I was wonderingis YOUR camo waterproof?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Waterproof" camo

I've got one set, top and bottom, of the MT050 rain gear, and I highly recommend it for very good camo rain gear. I actually bought it before my trip to AK a few years ago, and it got a lot of use up there, and still does each year down here.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:32 PM

NO.....**** NO to be exact... I learn to live with the rain so long as it isnt too cold....it doesnt bother me. Rain on a early season hunt is refreshing actually. Any raingear Ive ever owned has been extremely nonbreathable. Plus with my budget, im stuck to cotton, fleece, and the UA type material. I wear UA type base layers and layer thin fleeces as it gets colder.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

My Enigma made of Wolfskin is very water repellent but in a soaking rain even that may give a little.

I do however own a Gortex rain suit but it's Advantage and I hate Advantage so I wear it under my other camo to stay dry.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've warn my wolfskin for hours in pouring rain without ever getting soaked. It's always kept me dry!

Gore-tex and hunting don't go together IMO. Too noisy. Works great if you are skiing, but we're not skiing!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a sitka suit that Rocks
Old 08-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

I've warn my wolfskin for hours in pouring rain without ever getting soaked. It's always kept me dry!

Gore-tex and hunting don't go together IMO. Too noisy. Works great if you are skiing, but we're not skiing!
NO **** Todd, that's why I said I wear it UNDER my camo, shuts the noise right down.

And Wolfskin won't last in the heaviest of downpours, I know that for a fact.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, please don't skirt the profanity filter. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Rob, please don't skirt the profanity filter. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.
LM$O, that's not skirting, that's saying it like it is and allowing the filter to grab it, caress it and call it it's daddy!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a set of the Cab's rain suede 2 years ago. Stuff is terrible. I wore it 3 times in the rain and 3 times I got soaked. It sucks up the water like a sponge and it ends up weighing a ton. I honestly think that you would get wet in the stuff if the humidity was high--yeah it's that bad.
Because of my experience with it, I won't ever buy anything made with "dry plus."

Quick Reply: "Waterproof" camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.