Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 seeing a deer from the road and stalking it >

seeing a deer from the road and stalking it

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

seeing a deer from the road and stalking it

Old 08-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default seeing a deer from the road and stalking it

OK first i know it is beyond illegal and unethical to shoot from a vehicle or even when you on a road. not my question.

I have been driving either looking for a pull off or field or area that looks like it might be a spot to scout.
Every time i go scouting i see at least one or two field that have good size deer in them.

If you where driving came up on a bean fieldsaw deer on public property would you drive up alittle park get out. walk make to field.
Then walk in the woods say 20 feet and take a shot if the deer were still there. I think here you can not hunt with in 10 feet of a road so i would move atleast 20 if i could

i know this might be hard with a bow. but what if you had a rifle or a
muzzleloader.
Give you answer for bow ml and a shotgun or rifle. if it differs.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shooting from the road when you were driving.

Edit.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys go against this statement you are against hunting....."if it is legal, I might not do it, but hey if it floats your boat, go for it!"
Old 08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

I don't care how big the buck is i wouldn't take the shot, because if i can't earn it buy scouting the way hunting is meant to be .If you have to drive around looking at fields to find a nice buck to shoot in my opion your not much of a hunter.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, I wouldn't shoot. It would actually never cross my mind.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:33 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

If I were driving to one of my spots to hunt and happened to come across a deer out feeding... I thought I might be able to stalk it... you are darn right I would try and have. How is this not hunting or unethical?? Do I drive around just looking for deer to stalk?? Nope... although it still would be hunting if I did and ethical as long as I followed all laws. It's a " hunting "oppertunity nothing more.

I probably put more time into scouting then 95% of the people on HNI. I know what a great feeling it is to scout, hunt and kill a specific buck. If youwant to passup an unplannedoppertunity... what ever floats your boat.I won't if I think I have a chance, my mood or the deer in question.

Tim
Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a regular practice insome Canadian provinces! I do not call that "hunting" though.[:'(][:'(][:'(][>:][>:]
Old 08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigtim you gotta spend more time in the woods. And less time behind the keyboard
Old 08-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

if it's legal go ahead. Personally I wouldn't, but that's just me
Old 08-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow big a big change in the responds from the bow forum to the muzzle loader forum.

Now guys your got me wrong. i do not or would not drive around glassing fields until i found deer in one.
What i meant and the guys in the ml forum got this not sure why you did not.
Is if i am driving to one of my spots. which very from 300 yards in to 1/2 mile in and see a deer in a field i would park up the road walk in the wood to the field and see if i could stalk or just get a long range shot.

I would not shoot from the road or my truck. i would not drive around till i found a deer be it a buck or doe.

I just mean if i see one in one of the many food plot field the back road in the fish and wildlife area. i might want to shoot it.

Quick Reply: seeing a deer from the road and stalking it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.