Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my first buck with bow >

my first buck with bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my first buck with bow

Old 08-09-2008, 07:29 AM

Default my first buck with bow

i will never ever forget this day it has to be so farrr...one of the best days of my life. story... well it was the last day of bow season in pa and i was still searchin for a buck and i never killed a buck with a bow and it was my second season with a bow i was only 13 when i shot this buck also. well it was cold that morning but normal for here. igit well in b4 dawn because i was givin it everything i got to get a buck. and of course i was freeezing. well its finalyy starting to get daylight and still no deer anywhere ...nothing for about half an hour and this is that part that get me mad loll all of a sudden a dog comes out from my behind and sees me and starts barking up a storm and im just sittin in the stand likee uhmmm okk this is the end beter just get out of here now but i just stayed calm and finally the dog left but i was about to get down and then long and behold i see antlers come out into the power line at this piont i was like noooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! to think a deer espeacially a buck come out not even five minutes lata after a dog was barking up a stormm lolll but i was ready at this piont it was a nice decent six pionter i passed up a week b4 but on last day ill take anythn for my first bow kill buck. and i had a decoy doe and he was slowly comin up to it until somthng on top of the ridge caught my eye..another deer but then soon vanished sooo i watched this six piont just chillen on the power line thinkn should i take this buck becuz he was only 20 yards or sohuld i hold on and mite see that other deerr so not 30 seconds after i saw that vanished deer on top of the ridge he was rite on top of me a beautiful 8 point =] at this piont my heart was pounding from buck fever soooooooooo baddddd!!! so the six point started to make a rub which ive never seen a buck doo but as soon as the dominant 8 piont came in the six piont soon was ran off by bigger buck and then the 8 piont starts off to try to close the deal with my doe decoy but i showed him my arrow b4 he could do his thing lollltrailled him for 300 yards lost blood trail and then fond the trail again and then from there on the blood was just everywhere until we found him piled up on someone elses property of course [8D]i ran up to the buck like it was a billion dollars in a suite case on the ground for me loll......typical 8 piont the mass on the deer was rather large but you cant really tell in the picture it has to be one of the craziest days of my hunting career so far heres a picture

http://i33.tinypic.com/25u7gwn.jpg
Old 08-09-2008, 07:59 AM

Default RE: my first buck with bow

Good story.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Site Buck Guru

Very good!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good stuff...crazy how all this happened after the dog was barking.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

awesome story.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great story!!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you don't mind me posting your pic this way! Great job and thanks for sharing the story, Congrats!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great story, thanks for sharing
Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck and story bud. It's good to see you young guns on here and telling your hunting adventures. Good luck this season. Chris
Old 08-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on your first buck! Good looking deer. He looks like the one in my avatar.