Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting? >

whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

I love the nuge but He does`nt use sights,I saw him miss a nice buck from point blank range,prolly 15 feet,I`m a big pusher of the "practice from long ranges" deal so it`s a little aggitating to watch a bowhunter miss from 5 yards.
I love what he stands for and the time and effort he puts into our freedom but I really wish he would spend more time browsing over some sights.
Any compound shooters here not using sights?
I`m sure there are even some recurve and longbow shooters here that use sights,I don`t have them on my Damon Howat recurve but I dont hunt with it iether.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

He's an average shooter at best. He huntes HF and/or his own compound (which is also HF, BTW). The deer on his property are tame to humans, that's how he is able to walk right up on them.

That said- he is a great advocate for our hunting rights. I don't see anyone getting up in the anti's faces the same way Ted does or with the same vigor.

Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 PM

I remember when he was on MTV cribs and he missed a deer on his indoor target range. Sights are helpful and I think people owe it to the deer to ensure a more accurate chance of making a vital shot.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

how do you know his deer are tame to humans.
i saw the guy shoot a deer at 80 yards walking down a trail with no sights. to me that is a great shooter.
ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

He's an average shooter at best. He huntes HF and/or his own compound (which is also HF, BTW). The deer on his property are tame to humans, that's how he is able to walk right up on them.

That said- he is a great advocate for our hunting rights. I don't see anyone getting up in the anti's faces the same way Ted does or with the same vigor.

Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

i see nothing wrong with him useing no sights. people miss
Old 08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Dominant Buck

All those chicks in Playboy are airbrushed, too. They really look like Rosie O. before the wand gets ahold of them.

Well....that's what my wife said.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

He is a terrible shot and I hate it when he makes a shot on TV and turns to the camera and says how perfect it was. Does he think I am stupid? I know where the heart and lungs are on a deer, as well as the shoulder blade. I know he does a lot for our sport, but IMO, he could do it a lot better job than what he does. He does a great job with his children's programs, but being a touch more tactful would go a lot further in helping to educate the non-hunting population. Okay, so that was all off point, he is a terrible shot!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

With a bow I have never missed a deer in 20 years of bowhunting,I did brisket shoot one that bleed alot and got away but that with a recurve with no sights from 20 yards.
I`m no champion but I think if you bowhunt you should be a sniper.
ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i see nothing wrong with him useing no sights. people miss
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Because I was on his compound for 10 days as part of the crew that shot the Reality TV show that he hosted. I personally walked up to deer & they fed out of my hand. Other crew members thought it was cool. I thought it was sad.

Rob

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

how do you know his deer are tame to humans.
i saw the guy shoot a deer at 80 yards walking down a trail with no sights. to me that is a great shooter.
ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow

Quick Reply: whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.