Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 arrow jumps when shooting >

arrow jumps when shooting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow jumps when shooting

Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default arrow jumps when shooting

when i shoot my bow the arrow jumps sometime up alittle and off the rest. i can move it back on but it is a pain.
I have a drop away what would cause these and what can i do to fix it.
Could i be jerking on my string when i get almost back to full draw
Old 08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Spike

Default RE: arrow jumps when shooting

Lose the drop away and get yourself a whicker biscuit.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Please describe your problem more specifically. You said, "when I shoot my bow".......... isn't the arrow supposed to come off the string when you shoot your bow?

Do you mean, "when you DRAW your bow with an arrow nocked"?

Take a video if the problem, post it & let us see the problem. Then we will be in a better position to help you out.

Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe you're drawing too fast at the end of your draw cycle. I could see how this could "catapult" your arrow off the rest.

I see you're a life member so you know what your doing, so I don't want to insult you, but is it possible that you're pulling too much weight? Sometimes being overbowed can make for an unsteady draw cycle.

I don't use dropaways, but I've seen many of them that have a hard surface that the arrow rests on. Maybe a little piece of molehair would soften it up. The arrow would be a little less responsive to a soft surface than the hard surface.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes when i draw my bow it only does it when it is about 85% at draw
i will try to get a video when i shoot it does not do it all the time
ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

Please describe your problem more specifically. You said, "when I shoot my bow".......... isn't the arrow supposed to come off the string when you shoot your bow?

Do you mean, "when you DRAW your bow with an arrow nocked"?

Take a video if the problem, post it & let us see the problem. Then we will be in a better position to help you out.

Rob
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i have only bow hunted one year and had my bow for three.
It could be the weight i am drawing 68 pounds but have never really had trouble getting it back. maybe alittle when i first got the bow.
ORIGINAL: StraightArrowNY

Maybe you're drawing too fast at the end of your draw cycle. I could see how this could "catapult" your arrow off the rest.

I see you're a life member so you know what your doing, so I don't want to insult you, but is it possible that you're pulling too much weight? Sometimes being overbowed can make for an unsteady draw cycle.

I don't use dropaways, but I've seen many of them that have a hard surface that the arrow rests on. Maybe a little piece of molehair would soften it up. The arrow would be a little less responsive to a soft surface than the hard surface.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have thought about it but it is to close to the season for that and i am worried what will the whicker biscuit do to my quikspin fleatchs
ORIGINAL: JPMHUNTER

Lose the drop away and get yourself a whicker biscuit.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

also this is a high price top of the line rest cost 80 bucks.
It has some kind of soft material on it
ORIGINAL: StraightArrowNY

Old 08-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

get a whisker biscuit I love mine
Old 08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

get a whiskerbiscuit

Quick Reply: arrow jumps when shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.