Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

poison ivy

Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: poison ivy

Paint it with bleach, let it air dry and it will go away. If it stays put the bleach on it several day in a row. It smells like s#@t but it will dry it up fast.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: boldplate

Paint it with bleach, let it air dry and it will go away. If it stays put the bleach on it several day in a row. It smells like s#@t but it will dry it up fast.
x2 but nobody listens to me when I tell them to do that. Paint it with bleach and in 24 hours it generally is scabbing over (healing).
Old 08-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ever heard of weed killer work just as good

Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ohh h*ll you guys meant when you get it
ya bleach works great burns like h*ll if your skin is broke.
i know a friend that had it on his man hood dumbed bleach on it and he yelled so loud the neighbors heard him.

It works but can hurt.
ORIGINAL: JoeRE

x2 but nobody listens to me when I tell them to do that. Paint it with bleach and in 24 hours it generally is scabbing over (healing).
Old 08-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

You know, they make some great poison ivy killers. I spray the living crap out of it in Arpil on every trail or tree I'm thinking of using. Gives the deer plenty of time to dismiss the scent, especially after a few rains. You can't fight that stuff in the dark.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:30 PM

had it the last couple years and it seems to get worse every year, Ivy Dry works had all over both legs this summer
takes away the itch but burns like hell on broken skin.[:@]
Old 08-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think they make something you can carry with you that if you get in it spray down you will not get a rash
Old 08-06-2008, 07:52 PM

I feel for you. I am so allergic. I know what the plant looks like, but my farm is literally a carpet of poison ivy in all but a small section of woods. I take every precaution I can, but I still get it 2-3 times/year. In fact, I have a pretty good case of it right now. I had my beagle out in the woods this past weekend and let her run a rabbit. I followed along until the rabbit went down a hole and then we went home. I thought I was being careful, but obviously I brushed up against the dog or something along the way or when I got home. I too swear by the Zanfel stuff. I love it. Went to get a new tube yesterday and the pharmacist (who I know) talked me into trying the generic store brand of zanfel. I'm using the off brand on one arm and the real Zanfel on the other. I'll let you know how it works out because the store brand is a LOT cheaper.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

X3 on the bleach thing. Works like a charm.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. The doc prescribed m,e Methylprednisolone tabs, Fluocinonide ointment and Hydroxyzine tabs. Hopefully I'll be better soon. How long does it take for this stuff to go away?

Quick Reply: poison ivy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.