Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High Fence - Real Life Scenario >

High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Respect your elders bigcountry.[8D]
Old 08-06-2008, 08:24 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Respect your elders bigcountry.[8D]
Oh, I respect David. I have no problems with him. I even don't like high fense hunting. What I don't like is the ethics police on this forum. It gets old. I have friends in WA state who, when they see how MD'ers hunt, laugh and say "thats not hunting". I shrug and tell em, you gotta do what you gotta do. Everybody has thier sense of what is hunting. For instance, I will never have food plots, am totally against baiting, and herd management. But if its legal and person gets joy out of it, I am not paying thier way to hunt. They have to figure out that one for themselves. I sure don't need to ask peoples opinion on a forum to make up my mind on what is wrong and right. In the big scheme of things, this decision Jeff has with his son is so small compared to otherdecisions of leading his son to to be a man. Like how he worships God. That would be an important decision.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll admit to 200 acres being really small for a high fence hunt. I am a supporter of every legal means of hunting but I have turned down high fence hunts that I didn't agree with.

BUT......Texas ain't PA, or MI or one of those other yankee places [8D] where they think a 100 acre place to hunt is a big deal. Ranches in Texas are huge most of the time thousands of acres and many square miles. It's my guess (since I don't know and who am I to judge) that most of the anti high fence crowd has no idea what it's like hunting inside a high fence scenario much less one that's thousands of acres. And as far as tame deer and picking out the one you want to shoot, might as well tie one to a tree that is just plain stupidity on the poster's part.

Yes there are some less than desirable operations out there and they give the good high fence operations a bad name.

I challenge ANY of you anti high fence guys to come to Texas and hunt a reputable high fence outfit that consists of a minimum of 3000-5000 acres and honestly tell me it was as easy as picking out a deer and shooting it. Then at least you can say you have tried it and can speak from experience and just not out of your ass about something you know nothing about.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

it's a real life free opportunity for him.....if he so chooses.
Jeff, I've read quite a few of your posts over the last couple of years about your son's lack of desire to hunt. You were pretty set in your scent control regiment and he wasn't, so you weren't going to let him hunt some of your stands because you wanted him to do it right. (If I remember that story correctly) It seemed you were frustrated that he really didn't care to put the effort in to hunt.

Maybe thats just it.....he doesn't care to hunt. So be it. Would I be devistated if Wyatt didn't want to hunt with me some day? Absolutely, but I'm not going to force it.

I have a brother who finally came to that conclusion about his son. He's 20 now and doesn't care to hunt that much. He finally said to me, "so be it."

Don't force it Jeff. If he wants to do it, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. There are a lot of other ways to bond.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigcountry--"This is one big issue I have with the bowhunting forum. Everybody wants to make bowhunting into this magical state of being, or being one with the spirit of the wild or some crap. Thats just some new age fufu crap. Guys, its killing and grillin."

Since you are so wrapped up into "your" religion and its premises, maybe you just don't care to understand that many people on here don't look at things through your new testaments lenses. That is not a low blow to your faith, but is the truth. I am one of those people that you speak of as "new age fufu crap". People hunting and respecting the animal world as being magical has been around for tens of times longer than even the old testament. That is anything but "new age fufu crap".
[align=right]
[/align]
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I challenge ANY of you anti high fence guys to come to Texas and hunt a reputable high fence outfit that consists of a minimum of 3000-5000 acres and honestly tell me it was as easy as picking out a deer and shooting it. Then at least you can say you have tried it and can speak from experience and just not out of your ass about something you know nothing about.
Why have a "high fence"? What does it keep out and what does it keep in?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've watched enough shows on the outdoor channel that were filmed in Texas to know that not everyone on this thread is full of BS on high fenced hunts. The feeder goes off, the deer show up, allot of them places were many acres as well. You can't deny that one Mike. Not all are like that but enough of them are. It is what it is. Since when do people agree on this forum anyway??[8D] Specially lately. This is no rip on Texas either, just the majority of the shows are made there it seems.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess if there were 100 head of cattle in a "high fence" and someone said you can go shoot one for the meat with your bow, you would?

There is a reason for the fence being there. To keep the deer/livestock enclosed so they can not get away.

LT
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

bigcountry--"This is one big issue I have with the bowhunting forum. Everybody wants to make bowhunting into this magical state of being, or being one with the spirit of the wild or some crap. Thats just some new age fufu crap. Guys, its killing and grillin."

Since you are so wrapped up into "your" religion and its premises, maybe you just don't care to understand that many people on here don't look at things through your new testaments lenses. That is not a low blow to your faith, but is the truth. I am one of those people that you speak of as "new age fufu crap". People hunting and respecting the animal world as being magical has been around for tens of times longer than even the old testament. That is anything but "new age fufu crap".
[align=right]
[/align]
Well, you keep on being one with the tree. You know what they way about opinions. Everyone's got em.

I think part of it, come from growing in up Eastern Ky for me. Killing animals was no big deal. We had farms around us, you butchered the animals, you eat the animals. Everybody hunted, everybody killed deer. You thanked God for it after the kill, you eat.Then a whole crop of metrosexual hunters came to the scene from the cities. They had to make it into a magical, spirit of the wild adventure. Or in my words, new age fufu crap. As my old Grandmother says, people got too much time on thier hands to worry about the feeling of something. As she said, when she was young, we just too busy surviving.

Totally disagree about it being magical for ten times longer than New Test. People for centuries were just wanting to eat man. They didn't have time for spirit of the wild crap. Maybe you ought to see your theropist on it.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

As my old Grandmother says, people got too much time on thier hands to worry about the feeling of something.
Lot of truth to that bigcountry. lot of truth.

Quick Reply: High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.