Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you see more deer in the AM or PM. >

Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

I probably see and shoot more deer in the evening. Last year though, the numbers were pretty even. I intend to hunt more evenings and all day sits during the rut this year.

I think its more laziness too T and don't want to get there ass out of bed. I've been guilty of it! Either that or there to ckicken **** on walking in when its dark in the morning.[8D]
Steve, I don't have a problem rising early, but during the early season, I sure hate the dang copperheads and cotton-mouths around here. Dang I hate walking thru the woods in the dark trying to keep an eye out for these slimy suckers. I stepped on a limb last October, first weekend of season, and it popped up and hit me in the calf of my leg. It actually felt like a snake rolling under my boot before it hit my leg. I about loaded my Huggies on that one.[]

Other than that, I don't mind walking in after it gets cold and the snakes are hibernating.

LT
Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360
Always see deer riding the four wheeler at night in the summer.
I'm callin' BS on that one man,

For me I see more deer in the PM (60/40) but I've taken 75% of them in the AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I see and shoot more deer in the evenings as I have 10 times the hunting time, afterwork and weekends. Mornings are only possible on Saturdays or vacation.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Host of Hosts

PM in bow season...AM in gun season... although I don't hunt with a gun much anymore
Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think there is a noticeable difference in my deer sightings or shootings from the am to the pm.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

I believe a lot of hunters do not get into their stands early enough in the mornings and chose their entry routes wisely.
The poll should reflect this IMO.
[/quote]
I could`nt agree more.
I always see more deer,more movement,more activity in the hour before sun up.
I`ve actually had the first light show me that I was surrounded by deer in one of my permenant stands.I will however put my climber up on the edge of my dads field were the deer pour out right at sun down,but historicly it`s the am hunt that excites me.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Steve, I don't have a problem rising early, but during the early season, I sure hate the dang copperheads and cotton-mouths around here. Dang I hate walking thru the woods in the dark trying to keep an eye out for these slimy suckers. I stepped on a limb last October, first weekend of season, and it popped up and hit me in the calf of my leg. It actually felt like a snake rolling under my boot before it hit my leg. I about loaded my Huggies on that one.
I'd be a little nervous as well LT. Non poisinous snakes don't bother me to much but them other ones will keep a guy on his toe's!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

I like both but mornings are probly best for me.

rick

Old 08-05-2008, 06:51 PM

pm
Old 08-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm PM for both but that's also when I get to do most of my hunting...i.e. get in the stand after work. I love being in the tree before the sun comes up. I'm usually in the stand 45 minutes-1 hour before the sun even THINKS about coming up. There's nothing like hearing the woods wake up...especially on opening day!! Come on September 1st!!!

Quick Reply: Do you see more deer in the AM or PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.