Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How old were you? >

How old were you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How old were you?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How old were you?

I did it alone when I could drive at 16. I killed my first when I was 12 years old in 1986. My uncles took me afield and 22 years later we still hunt together and share the memories.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How old were you?

ORIGINAL: mauser06

i was 16...i'll never forget my first hunt alone...asked dad if i could skip school the first monday of spring gobbler season...just turned 16 that march...(legal age to hunt alone is 16 in PA) he said sure if your not missing anything important..i walked 2 blocks down the road to the woods and walked back out with my first ever spring long beard!! dad was proud as could be when i woke him up(he worked 3rd shift that night)
Mauser that kind of sounds like my first hunt "alone" during firearm deer season. Like I said before, my Dad had a hip surgery so he couldn't hunt. He still wasn't too keen on the idea of me going out alone. So we got up to go out opening morning, and sitting at the table I had a Cabelas book flipping through it eating donuts and drinking coffee. I saw a big buck in the magazine and I said "Here's what I'm gonna bring home today". And of course he shook his head and said "Yeah, right...good luck with that". So we drove out to my spot, and the last thing he tells me before I go out is "You better not kill anything unless he's a big b*****d". He stayed up the road at the farmers house and talked. After I was in the stand for maybe 20 minutes after first light I radioed to him and said "Bring the tractor". He kinda mumbled and said "Told you not to shoot anything". Well when he got there he was pretty damn proud and glad I shot it...ended up takinghome a nice heavy 8 pointer that field dressed 235 lbs.

(Pretty good story behing the kill too if you want to hear that, lol)