Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hidden Enough?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hidden Enough?

This is about the only straight tree with no low branches that i can get my climber up into that is located around this spot. I am up in between three trees that all come together at the base. My only fear is that there is not enough cover behind me to break up my silhouette. I am thinking of adding some camo burlap along with some branches nailed to the back of the tree. Last time i posted a pic of a stand location i got beat to death because it was too in the open.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hidden Enough?

Looks great. As the fauna disappears, though, you may want to go higher. That looks like every place I hunt.....and I hunt exclusively from a climber.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would just make sure you go high. I bought this product last year that I think easton or eastman made it and you connect it to your stand. Basically, it provides a rectangle camo cover, which mostly conceals you.

My buddies thought it was a gimmick, but when I got in the stand they couldn't see me.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll be fine! That's more background cover that I have on 95% of my setups and I don't have any problems as long as I am not moving. If I don't have any background cover I hunt higher and I try to be at least 17 feet even if I have good cover. But that's a good looking setup.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 AM

That looks good to me. Heck, I have killed from stands that all logic says I shouldn't have. If you want a little more cover thoughgo to Wal-Mart or a craft store and buy some of the fakes vines or branches that they sell with leaves on them and then just zip tie them to your stand. Now you have cover wherever you go!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Youre fine, I use less cover than that in some of my stands and only at 15feet and have been very sucessful. play the wind right and youll be fine.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like a great set up
Old 08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

you might want to go higher or to a new spot once the leaves drop
Old 08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice setup! Between 2 trees and has a third in the middle. Most areas that is about as good as you can do.

FWIW, this setup could possibly be better if you hunt from the backside of one of those two large trees
and angle the stand where you can stand and shoot through the middle.

Of course this all depends on where you expect the deer to come from.[8D]
Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Well actually there is a heavily used trail behind me on the other side of the ravine about 25 yards away and in front of me is my tripod feeder at 20 yards. So whichever way i face is really the same thing.

Quick Reply: Hidden Enough?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.