HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hidden Enough? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/255983-hidden-enough.html)

dstubb 08-04-2008 11:23 AM

Hidden Enough?

This is about the only straight tree with no low branches that i can get my climber up into that is located around this spot. I am up in between three trees that all come together at the base. My only fear is that there is not enough cover behind me to break up my silhouette. I am thinking of adding some camo burlap along with some branches nailed to the back of the tree. Last time i posted a pic of a stand location i got beat to death because it was too in the open.

GMMAT 08-04-2008 11:26 AM

RE: Hidden Enough?

Looks great. As the fauna disappears, though, you may want to go higher. That looks like every place I hunt.....and I hunt exclusively from a climber.

robbcayman 08-04-2008 11:38 AM

I would just make sure you go high. I bought this product last year that I think easton or eastman made it and you connect it to your stand. Basically, it provides a rectangle camo cover, which mostly conceals you.

My buddies thought it was a gimmick, but when I got in the stand they couldn't see me.

silentassassin 08-04-2008 11:41 AM

You'll be fine! That's more background cover that I have on 95% of my setups and I don't have any problems as long as I am not moving. If I don't have any background cover I hunt higher and I try to be at least 17 feet even if I have good cover. But that's a good looking setup.

PABowhunter4life 08-04-2008 11:48 AM

That looks good to me. Heck, I have killed from stands that all logic says I shouldn't have. If you want a little more cover thoughgo to Wal-Mart or a craft store and buy some of the fakes vines or branches that they sell with leaves on them and then just zip tie them to your stand. Now you have cover wherever you go!

wis_bow_huntr 08-04-2008 12:33 PM

Youre fine, I use less cover than that in some of my stands and only at 15feet and have been very sucessful. play the wind right and youll be fine.

bowmanaj 08-04-2008 01:03 PM

looks like a great set up

childers 08-04-2008 02:02 PM

you might want to go higher or to a new spot once the leaves drop

LebeauHunter 08-04-2008 03:13 PM

Nice setup! Between 2 trees and has a third in the middle. Most areas that is about as good as you can do.

FWIW, this setup could possibly be better if you hunt from the backside of one of those two large trees
and angle the stand where you can stand and shoot through the middle.

Of course this all depends on where you expect the deer to come from.[8D]

dstubb 08-04-2008 05:00 PM

Well actually there is a heavily used trail behind me on the other side of the ravine about 25 yards away and in front of me is my tripod feeder at 20 yards. So whichever way i face is really the same thing.