Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Droptine Mission >

My Droptine Mission

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Droptine Mission

Old 08-02-2008, 08:37 PM

Default My Droptine Mission

Well after 25 years of hunting I finally found a DropTine Buck and actually have permission to hunt the farm that he is living on. I also have seen a mid 160's 10ptin the group this week also but it will walk of Ol Drop tine is still around this fall.

It is a main frame 8 with approx 22 inch spread with an estimated beam length of 26-28. His drop tine appears to be between 6-9 inches directly below his left G2. We tried taking pictures but he has been coming out very far away. I think I will name him BIG MAK as the farm he is on is not more than 1000 yards from a McD's.

I will try to post a pic.

I am just thankful that I even have an opportunity at this animal. Thank You Lord! Even if I don't get a crack at him this season I will be looking forward to looking for his sheds and taking some more pictures of him and getting to know his pattern and routine.

[hr]

Old 08-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My Droptine Mission

I cant wait to see a clear picture of that bad boy! Good Luck.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Spike

Sounds sweet good luck

hope you get a better photo
Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 PM

I cant wait to GET a good picture. I had to borrow a Spotting scope from my Mother In law to confirm the drop tine then I had to pick up my father In Law and take him out there to get the picture as he has a higend camera. We needed a bigger zoom lens and more light. I would guess he was 500 yards away when we took the picyure last night about 8 pm.

I will update this post if any new pictures become available.

My wife thinks am a Crazy because all I have done since I have seen this thing is shoot my Bow and Glass beans fields!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

That's pretty funny because a double drop I've been hunting is about a half mile froma Mcdonalds. As soon as his velvet's gone so is he.It's been 3 years I've been seeing this buck just not during hunting season.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well good luck to the both of you! I have a droptine buck running aorund my neck of the woods as well, 2 seperate family friends have seen him over the last year.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 PM

I have a mission to kill a deer with split brow tines, but a drop tine would be sweet too.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow nice buck and good luck getting him!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

I have a mission to kill a deer with split brow tines, but a drop tine would be sweet too.
That was my dream the last 3 years man, I had a buck running around since at least 2002 that would score in the upper 170's gross. He had a spilt right brow time that looked sweet as hell. Nobody has seen him for awhile now, and he would havebeen 6.5 years old by theseason roled around. I did find a deer skull last year that had a spilt brow tine and scored 147 with a ton of chewing done to it, but it was in a seperate county.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on him!

Quick Reply: My Droptine Mission

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.