Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tree umbrella

Old 08-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tree umbrella

I seen 1 at wal-mart today and just about bought it. Do they secure to the tree good or do you have to worry about them whipping in the wind?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best bang for the buck products out there. I dont remember the name, but I have 3 of them. They work fantastic and Jeff is right, they dont make that much noise and they work really well.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Dominant Buck

I've been using one for decades. When it's threatening to rain the extra few ounces to carry it in is nothing. My only problem is they probably stick out a little and make a bit of a blob in the tree. Who knows. I've used them in heavy snow too. Beats getting covered with snow and having your bow covered.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM

I borrowed one from my dad last year before my yearly thanksgiving weekender... thank god i did.. .thanksgiving morning it poured down... kept me pretty good and dry
Old 08-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

I keep mine up for the whole season. I put it up when I put my safety strap up, just before the season starts and remove it at the end of the year. They also help reduce shadows on a sunny day.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

They come with a holder that screws into the tree i put the holder inwhen i put my stand up then leave the umbrella in my truck if it looks like rain i bring it to my stand with me. They work real good
Old 08-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I thought it was right up there with the "Deer View Mirror" until the forecast for opening day of last years PArifle season was hard rain most of the day. I threw it in my pack, (porta roof or something similiar) It saved the day. While others scurried back to camp to dry off I was able to stay on stand all day, mostly dry. Some wetness wicked in from leaning my back against the tree but nothing unbearable.

All day I was saying that beer commercial..Here's to you Mr. Tree Umbrella inventor!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I love and have relied on my tree umbrella many times.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:24 PM

One of the best things on the market. I've used mine (not sure of the brand) many times. I bought a second one to have as a back up in case anything were to happen to my original. I won't go to the woods without it. I stayed nice and dry while my buddy got soaked to the bone in a steady rain, he immediately bought himself one.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Great product.

Quick Reply: tree umbrella

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.