HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I know this sounds arrogant but....... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/255691-i-know-sounds-arrogant-but.html)

jackflap 08-02-2008 08:11 AM

I know this sounds arrogant but.......

I know this sounds arrogant but I'm gonna say it anyway.

I was in Dallas on business the past couple of days and I had a little time to kill so I went to Bass Pro Shop. I don't get in one very often and had forgotten how much umm.... "merchandise" they have to offer fot my "big city" brethren to help them get the "edge" he is looking for when it comes to hunting.

Aisles (long ones) of every kind of scent masking, scent elimination, and deer attractents you could ever imagine. And then there was acres and acres of racks of every flavor of camo, both decaf and of course those so important carbon "scent elimination" garments as well.

I just stood there and for a moment and I truly felt sorry for a lot of you guys, spending your hard earned dollars on all of these novelties.

Ohh, while I was there I bought a new reconx trail camera, not that there is anything wrong with the one I have, but this one is better and "improved" compared to the older model I have.

I also bought a dozen of the new and improved Easton Axis arrows even though I have plenty already in my personal inventory, But this newdesign and engineering really seems like it is a true "improvement".

And I been thinking about those Swarovski Binos. After all my eyes are getting older and Swarovski are supposed to be the best. And, if god willing, I've got another 10-15 years of good elk hunting in me. And aren't they more like an investment?

So as I was in the check out line and settling up for over $2700, I turned one last time over my shoulder and looked at all their stuff, shook my head and said to myself that I was sure glad I wasn't born a sucker.:D:D:D

nchawkeye 08-02-2008 08:13 AM

RE: I know this sounds arrogant but.......

Now that there's funny right there...:D

PreacherTony 08-02-2008 08:13 AM

HAHAAHHA!! :D

Jack ... I like you ALOT!!!! Hilarious!!!:D

MOTOWNHONKEY 08-02-2008 08:16 AM

Well you arrogant no good wall eyed slu footed carp looking sac lick. You got $10 leftI can borrow??:D:D

GMMAT 08-02-2008 08:17 AM

Funny story.

early in 08-02-2008 08:18 AM

Very good!!:D:D:D Right on the money.;)

Copper31 08-02-2008 08:18 AM

I share your thoughts on that one. You didnt see any gumoflage when you were there did you?

GMMAT 08-02-2008 08:20 AM

Anyone else note the sarcasm?;)

I gotta admit....I blew right past it on the initial run. That's good stuff, Jack:)

So as I was in the check out line and settling up for over $2700, I turned one last time over my shoulder and looked at all their stuff, shook my head and said to myself that I was sure glad I wasn't born a sucker.:D:D:D

WesternMdHardwoods 08-02-2008 08:20 AM

Haha funny story there Jack!!

So much for just "killin a lil time"!! I think your wallet got killed a little more then time!!

PreacherTony 08-02-2008 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Anyone else note the sarcasm?;)

I gotta admit....I blew right past it on the initial run. That's good stuff, Jack:)

wasn't that the whole point of the post :eek:

lack of sleep, Jeff?:D