Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Albino

Old 08-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Albino

I've got an solid white albino 8 pointer that I've watched come out with three P&Y bucks every night for the last 5 nights to eat in a bean field. Now this bean field is in a very populated area and everybody and there brother knows about him and has been watching him from the town hall parking lot. I've got permission to hunt him, but I've got a few questions.

1. How long will they stay on the beans?
2. When will they split from the bachelor groups?
3. What's the likely hood this deer will make until I can legally have a chance to take him?

Did I mention there is a 10 pointer that will go at least 21" wide? I'm setting 2 trail cameras tommorrow and pulling them next saturday. I'll post pics.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Albino

Since the NC season opens so early, they should still be on summer feeding patterns since it will still be pretty warm. I think they will start breaking up later in the month.

I'd shoot whichever one decided to give me a shot first!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

believe me I will, but that ablino is beautiful. I want a full body mount of this deer. Fingers crossed, I'll get some good trail cam pics of him and I'm willing to bet it'll win a few photo contests. From 200 yards I'm scoring him somewhere in the 90" range.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

90" on an albino is a GIANT! I would definitely do the full body too.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Keep an eye out on the boards next Saturday for trail cam pics.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Brandon:

Can I come see him/them?

Old 08-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've got an solid white albino 8 pointer
Which is it? There are no other abinos than solid white however there are white deer that are not abino. Do you know it's an albino and not just a white color phased deer? Just askin if you knew there was a difference. Reading the way your wrote it, a piebald is not an albino.

He probably will stay on those beens through your NC opener unless some outside forces push him off.

Good luck with him, I wish you the best. Despite that bigger buck you mention, me personally I'd exclusively hunt the albino/white buck.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Jeff
Just let me know when you wanna come see him/them. "Powder" is a regular, the big one was out tonight as well but missed him last night. I'll be there everynight between now and the opener daring bystander to set foot on the property.

Rob
He's solid white except for his antlers. Zero brown, he looks like a piece of cotton walking through the field. What sucks the most is he sticks out like a sore thumb from several hundred yards away.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NChunterman

Rob
He's solid white except for his antlers. Zero brown, he looks like a piece of cotton walking through the field. What sucks the most is he sticks out like a sore thumb from several hundred yards away.
That's one thing about a white/albino one. They do stick out in a green enviroment.

Brandon, I wish you the best on him cause that truly is an incredible animal. I'd love to see your bow laying across his chest.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Brandon:

Shoot me your number in PM. I'll come over Monday or Tuesday (actually...Lisa's day trippin' tuesday...so that might work out best).

I'd love to see him/them. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Albino

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.