Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how does my form look... >

how does my form look...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how does my form look...

Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 AM

Default how does my form look...

well this is one of my first post in awhile and well i just would like to know how my form look... and i have been bowhunting for three years going on four and i would just like to know. if my form is right.and it looks like i am crooked but that isjust my camerea is kinda crooked set.and sorry for bad picture was taken with my phone

Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM

Default RE: how does my form look...

form looks good, but your draw length is the question.... too long maybe?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:41 AM

well they said at the shop my lengthis 29 so i am just going by what he said but after this deer season i am going to pick me up a dxt so then i will get it rechecked and maybe fixed if that is the case

Old 08-01-2008, 12:12 PM

you can get a ball park if you measure finger tip to finger tip not stretched all the way out, just hold up and then divide by 2.5 Or you can divide your height by 2.5 and get close, it's completely accurate b/c bifferent bows have different DL but it will give you an idea.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

It’s hard to tell from that picture. It looks like your leaning back, might be picture. You need better pictures fron head to toe at different angles.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:19 PM

Damn!! Arrowmike!! Where the hell have you been?? long time no see!!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

I would agree that your draw length looks a little long. Your bow arm looks good as far as the bend in it goes. One other thing that i might suggest is your wrist on your release hand looks cocked upwards. I would try to straighten it out so that it is a nice straight line from your elbow to the tip of your arrow. With your elbow pointed up just a bit. Look at this guys form.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Not bad from this angle. However, I like to have my 'bow arm' straight as a nail. That way I know when I'm at full draw that my arm is always in the same spot. If you allow some bend in the 'bow arm,' I believe that each time you draw your bow, you could potentially be changing your anchor point, affecting the stability, and even reducing the amount of time you could hold at full draw on an animal that needs to take a step or two before you can see vitals.

I think your 'draw arm' looks fine as long as you know where your anchor point is or use a kisser button.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 PM

ok tomorrow i wil fix my form and get a few more better pictures for u

Old 08-01-2008, 12:31 PM

and i do have a kisser on it

Quick Reply: how does my form look...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.