Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hopefully hog wild! >

Hopefully hog wild!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hopefully hog wild!

Old 03-07-2003, 06:13 AM

Default Hopefully hog wild!

I was wondering if anyone has any info. on hog hunting. I hunt on my grandpa' s land and need some advise on how to drawl them to me since i will be bowhunting. Pretty sure I would have better luck after dark, so also need advise on how the heck i can see them hawgs after dark to shoot with my bow. ie: what kind of pin lights work best, should i wait for a full moon or use artificial light? Any advise is welcome! Is early morning hours better than late evening hours? We have got a couple of tanks that might help to drawl them in. Thanks for the advise!
Old 03-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 08:50 AM

Default RE: Hopefully hog wild!

welcome to the tough sport of hog hunting!!! early morning or dusk is the best time for hunting hogs can be pretty nocturnal!!! where are you hunting at? is baiting allowed ? and what are you using for sights ? shoot me some email and i' ll be happy to clue you in , I go down to texas at least once a year to hunt thier hogs..
Old 03-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hopefully hog wild!

sour corn - take a 5 gallon bucket fill it allmost to the top with whole corn cover the corn with water put the lid on and let sit for a week or two , pour it out in hog country and they' ll come a runnin . Watch out and dont get any on you , it stinks pretty bad .