Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RAGE Broadheads

Old 08-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: RAGE Broadheads

Same old story, perfect hit, should have been a double lung but it's the BH's fault. How could you possibly know where he hit it if you didn't find the deer?
Where did you see my opinion or give fault to the head? Try reading better.

As stated I knew exactly where the hit was because I saw the deer perfectly. Once again, maybe try reading more closely.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Answered in PM Slayer...

Good luck
Old 08-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Same old story, perfect hit, should have been a double lung but it's the BH's fault. How could you possibly know where he hit it if you didn't find the deer?
Where did you see my opinion or give fault to the head? Try reading better.

As stated I knew exactly where the hit was because I saw the deer perfectly. Once again, maybe try reading more closely.

I don't know but maybe when you said"Sad part was that he had fixed blades in his quiver also."

To me that sounds like blaming the head.

And seeing a deer run across an open field doesn't mean you know exactly where he hit it. Finding the deer would tell youwhere he hit it. Looks can be deceiving on a running deer.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be negative on this but I never had any luck! Shot Two pigs last year (BIG BUCKS) and got no penetration. First of all.....I hit bone on both bucks and bent the tips on both rages,Duh! that is why I got no penetration. I shot one of the bucks during gun season and it had about a four inch cut on the shoulder from where I shot it during bow season. I do think they are good broadheads but I'll never use them again. Have seen mixed reviews on them but more good then bad.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:41 PM

I have had nothing but good luck with the Rage 2 Blade broadheads. I shot 2 does last year, both were pass thru's and I watched them die. The only thing that I could say negative about them is that sometimes the blades don't stay in with the rubber band holding them, they tend to open up. But They devestate whatever they hit, I could practically put my hand in the hole that they made!!! I know nothing about the 3 blades tho.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 2 blade you should be fine but the 3 blade sucks rocks[:'(]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

And seeing a deer run across an open field doesn't mean you know exactly where he hit it.
Who ever said it was running? The deer was only 70 yards in front of us at it's closest point(and we had those things called bino's in the truck).

Funny how people love to twist things to meet their aganda. I only gave the experience, not an opinion.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 PM

to quote someone I know... "I like Rage broadheads, they have a huge margin of error so I don't have to be as accurate."
Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bob I read a thread silimar you yours at AT a while back.
Deer shot from a blind, ran a long way, and did not pass threw. If my memory serves me correct the kid was shooting around 50 FT.LBS of KE.

Thx for sharing

Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM

Put a security rubber band on the outside so 1. they do not open early, which they have a tendency of doing. 2. I would only use them on deer or animals of similiar thickness. Something thicker, they (2-blade) have to much drag and do not get great penetration. Yes big hole and lots of damage, but only if you have a pass through. With such a big diameter like the 2-blade, always a risk of not passing completely through. I use to hate them bc I had a couple open on me early. I have since changed my mind to ahh they are okay(after adding extra rubber bands). Theres better, theres worse. But you will have your rage heads on here that swear JC gave them to 'emhimself. [&:]

Curious how many people work/sponsored/affiliated with Rage on here?? Seems like a day doesnt go by without seeing a thread about Rage broadheads, and seeing the sheep get in line to worship them.

Just my 2cents.

Quick Reply: RAGE Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.