Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2007 TEAM #24- COUPLE  MEMBERS MEET >

2007 TEAM #24- COUPLE MEMBERS MEET

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2007 TEAM #24- COUPLE MEMBERS MEET

Old 07-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default 2007 TEAM #24- COUPLE MEMBERS MEET

fshafly2 came up to Alaska, and we did some fishing. Hopefully he had a good time. I know he had an adventure. He helped me landMY biggestKing salmon ( 48.5lbs) , got to see and experience Kenai river COMBAT King Salmon fishing(what a zoo boats everywhere)[:@], and 43 miles from port my outdrive went out 2330 hrs and 1265 ft of water and we had a7 hr tow next day.
we did not get to fish for halibut and shrimp and salt water silvers.
But he did catch a pink salmon and had silver salmon on but it got off at the boat.
fshafly2 is a very nice guy and we had a great 6 days.
I'm still sleep deprived, tough to survive on 4-6 hrs sleep day after day, at least it is for this old guy.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2007 TEAM #24- COUPLE MEMBERS MEET

Awesome guys, incredible fish and man, that does sound like an adventure. Welcome back AK N.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You live in a beautiful part of our country AK. I was up there in '06 and caught some reds on the Kenia, just outside of Soldatna. It was a blast. If I ever make it up there again, I'll have to look you up.

We didn't get to go after the Halibuts either. It was too windy to go out the day we had set aside for it. And could not reschedule.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:25 PM

Was there anything left in your arms after that fightto hode it up for a photo. Nice one buddy.

[/align]
Old 07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome fish
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

thanx guys,
Kenai river is where i caught this guy. and i remind myself regularly how lucky i'm to live where i do.

imbuckhunter- be sure to contact me if you make it back to Alaska

not sure what i would do for pictures of a reallybig one of these (60-90 lbs) took break between photos on this guy. sure would like to have chance to deal with that problem......today is last day of season and i'm 800+ miles away at work[:'(]
silvers and pinks will start flooding river soon. but i usually don't fish for them as hunting starts for me next time off. 9 day caribou trip

thanx again guys Pat
Old 07-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

I had just a great time meeting Pat and staying with him and his family as I got to see a slice of the frozen north few of the 48'ers ever get to see.

Here are a few more pics of the adventure:

Pat and his sidekick Pinzgauer, a totally awesome truck(first time I had ever seen/heard of it):

It was an awesome job Pat did to fight that big king from a zodiak.Whenmy hook on an idle rod tangled with his line, I thought it was all over; and then when we both hoisted the netted fishover the side,Pat's hook had come out. Whew, it could have gone the other way. It really is combat fishing on the Kenai as everyone tries their best to squeeze into the same patch of water while drifting in a very strong current:

The crowds on the last day kept Paton the tiller instead of holding a pole, trying his best to get me hooked up:

I left 90F weather behind in MD, and it was waiting for me when I got back. The frozen north for sure, a view from Prince William Sound on our ill-fated voyage:

Well, I am looking forward to getting Pat over hereto MD, land of pleasant living, and let him have something else to brag about, lol. Thanks Pat!

-fsh