Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take it? >

Would you take it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take it?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you take it?

It's bad Karma but Still. Take it and never think twice. or paint it hot pink and draw rainbows all over it....

Ryan.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you do something to their stand you are just stooping to their level. You could always just string some of the camo burlap over their field of view a couple of feet on your side of the property line. That way they can still hunt from their stand, but they can't see on your side of the property.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Believe me, I'd be the first guy to tell you to take the stand or do something to it, or the area to mess up their hunt.
On the other hand, you have to try to think one step ahead. Do you have a stand in your tree or any other trees on the property? If so, they may not be able to prove you took their stand, but they will probably put 2 and 2 together and strike back. They might also just decide to pour out some bleach themselves or mess with your vehicle--who knows.
I'd personally hang some no tress signs and let them know that if they do shoot something across the line or if it runs across the line they can't have it. Probably also do some things that aren't very noticable thatwould ruin their hunt (spread some human hair, spray some cologne on trees, etc.).

Or you could always kill your deer in archery season. Since they only hunt with guns, you could hang a stand 5 yards on your side and keep them company

Old 07-30-2008, 08:26 PM

dstubbs, you shoulda took that stand when you had the chance. If it's 2' across the property line it's legal for them. However, it's also legal for you to hang aGIANT net 2' on your side of the line, directly in front of their stand
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is baiting legal? If nomy side of the line would be heavily baited. In PA you must be three hundred yards from a baited area to hunt .that would end their little stand area legally. And of course the ethical thing to do would be to let your local warden know about that baited area you found.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not on our property anymore. Just a couple feet past the property line. I could take it down and put it up a different farm that i hunt
Take it and you become a thief.
Thiefs are scum -no matter howthey try to justify it.
Your call.

Steve
Old 07-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Is baiting legal? If nomy side of the line would be heavily baited. In PA you must be three hundred yards from a baited area to hunt .that would end their little stand area legally. And of course the ethical thing to do would be to let your local warden know about that baited area you found.
Now that right there would force his hand.

That is awesome.

You're doing nothing wrong on your side..........and it's up to him to move or........."someone" may call it in.

It's a bit sneaky....but I love it.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Line rats are more common than formally believed.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Is baiting legal? If no my side of the line would be heavily baited. In PA you must be three hundred yards from a baited area to hunt .that would end their little stand area legally. And of course the ethical thing to do would be to let your local warden know about that baited area you found.
Now that right there would force his hand.

That is awesome.

You're doing nothing wrong on your side..........and it's up to him to move or........."someone" may call it in.

It's a bit sneaky....but I love it.
I agree!! Great plan!

If you don't want to do that then take a camera with you, set up close, and in where you can see them well, and when you see them taking a shot a deer, video tape it, and make sure you get a good look at their faces, then, go visit the game warden.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will say this...............[:'(]
take their stand[:'(]
cut their stand[:'(]
chlorine[:'(]
bait and call the GW....... downright sneaky and unethical. I hope you get busted

Its hunting. I take it seriously and YES I get frustrated with other hunters. BUT to stoop down to their level.... not a chance! Hunters helping hunters my BUTT[&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.