Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Customizable Hunting Season Calendar >

Customizable Hunting Season Calendar

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Customizable Hunting Season Calendar

Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Customizable Hunting Season Calendar

Ok, I’m officially starting to yearn for hunting season here in Virginia. I had to do something to prepare for the season.

So, I looked up the new regulations and seasons on the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries website (http://www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/regulations/new.asp and http://www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/regulations/#seasons respectively) and put it all in a calendar format in an Excel spreadsheet, so I can easily see what I can shoot and with what I can shoot it any day of the fall season where I hunt (Western Rockingham County, Virginia).

I’m putting a link to it here, just in case some other demented dweeb (besides me) might find it useful (it’s on an old domain name I had for a dotcom company I had in the late ‘90’s until 2001 and that I’ve kept in the hopes that someone will offer me some money for it).

http://www.whatyoulike.com/Hunting.htm

I’ve tried to make everything as easy as possible to understand, but it’s probably helpful to have a “legend” and an explanation of how to modify it for yourself.

Legend:

D = Deer
T = Turkey
B = Bear
A = Archery
ML = Muzzle Loader
F = Firearms
E = Either sex hunting day (during muzzle loading and firearms season)

So, TA = Turkey Archery Season and DF(E) = Deer Firearms (either sex)

Modifying it for your own use:

Each animal (Deer, Turkey and Bear) has its own tab in the spreadsheet. You can modify this calendar for your own use, if you like, by changing the entries on each animal’s tab, which then feeds back into the “All” tab to summarize what you can shoot and what weapons you can use on each.

OK. I’m obsessed.

I admit it.

So shoot me...wait, I hope I’m not in season!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Customizable Hunting Season Calendar

thats sweet MH!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Customizable Hunting Season Calendar

That's a great idea. You could even color code the various days of the month to depict the upcoming moon phases if you wanted to! Or you could alsothrow in the sunrise/sunset table and have like a one stop shop for your day outdoors.

Just a thought.