Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Be honest, would you shoot this buck? >

Be honest, would you shoot this buck?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be honest, would you shoot this buck?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Be honest, would you shoot this buck?

Any legal buck is dead here.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

It would depend on where I was hunting. Around my house, ... Yes. In Ohio... wouldn't reach for the bow. Someone elses hunting club.... probably not.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

As soon as he cleared the deer behind him--thwaack!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have not shot a buck with my bow yet so if he gave me the oppourtunity i would take him in a heart beat that is a nice lookin deer
[align=left] [/align]
Old 07-31-2008, 07:39 PM

I haven't been hunting all that long and my days in the field are limited. I've only shot three deer ever. First deer was a yearling buck. Then two does.

I would not shoot that buck even if was the last day of the season and I had not filled my tag. Why? Because I love to see big bucks and I know that the only way that there can be big bucks is if little bucks live. Of my 10 years of hunting deer, I have not filled my tag 7 times. Part of the reason is that my time in the field is limited by other obligations and hobbies (hard to believe but true, LOL). But part of the reason is that I keep letting little bucks walk. Some years, little bucks seem to be the only deer that are in range. But I don't "need" a deer that bad. AndI don't concern myself with what might be going on on the next farm over. All I can control is my actions. If the choice is me getting a deer vs giving a small buck the chance to grow up to a beautiful mature whitetail buck, I will choose the second option every time.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

There was a time when I wouldn't even have to think about shooting,my bow would be in my hand and ready,now today I would really have to talk myself into shooting that buck.So to answer your question honestly I don't know what I would do it would really depend on how my season has gone and what frame of mind I was in when he shows hisself.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope
Old 07-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tough call for these parts, hes a tweener, but id love to give him another year.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

No could do.......... for my neck of the woods. But you do whatever you think is right- totally a personal decision and nobody should make that decision or influence it except you.

Have a good season,

rob
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 PM

I would reach for the bow....just because it makes good practice. Thats about it.

Quick Reply: Be honest, would you shoot this buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.