Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Naked

Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Buck Naked

Here's a picture of a buck without a tail. He's a 2.5 year old. I got him on video last year and caught him visiting my saltlick this summer. He was just a little 4 point last year and should end up being a nice little 8 point this year. Since he has a very definable attribute,he's going to be our experimental buck for all my neighbors who say, "once a spike...always a spike."We're going to let him go until he's 4.5 years old to see how big he gets. We named him "Buck Naked."

Here's a picture of a nice 8 point in my back yard I took tonight. He's a 3.5 year old that will be close to a P&Y this year. Picture is not very clear.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Buck Naked

LOL, that's a great way to tell him from all others. I hope to see him again in 2 years then. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a neat thing to be able to recognize him by..... though hes probly got one cold butt hole in the winter[&:]LOL

Old 07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet he's gonna be the 1 chasin some tail later
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd shootim and mount 'em because of the relationship you have with him...heck do a full body mount..Nice story!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is funny.

On my annual trip to Montana last year, I had a 150" (best guess) buck at 15 yards with a huge bush covering his vitals. We have him on tape standing there for two min while I'm drawn...as he turns around to leave (didn't notice at first, but did reviewing film) we noticed he had no tail.

How I hope to see him again this year!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

you could get his backsaide mounted

that would be a unique one!![:-]
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Fork Horn

Watched a guy shoot a bucks tail off with a .300 Win mag years back. The tail flew about 20' in the air. The buck was running, but only about 40 yards out. Poor old boy just kept on truckin' though.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep us updated
Old 07-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like my little brothers been around your place! He likes to shoot em in the rear. . Were haviong a poster made up this year that were going to stick in his stand before opening day of gun season with a picture of a deers @ss and then next to it a broadside with a big red NO sign over the rear of the deer. , he doesnt do it purposely it just happens when were on a drive. But I have to give him credit since he bought his new Ruger a couple years he hasnt shot any in the rear. He hit one in the face though [&:]. But other than ithat he usually drops em in their tracks right behind the shoulder. I think he gets buck fever real bad. He needs to spend more time bow hunting and less time working so he can get over the buck fever come gun season. God I hope he doesnt come on here and read this.

Quick Reply: Buck Naked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.