Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 While they are sleeping.... >

While they are sleeping....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

While they are sleeping....

Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: While they are sleeping....

ORIGINAL: Kamil

so let me guess the ground blind is gonna go 20 yards from that shed?
See now technically, that would be no different than taking him on the range anyway since broken down, we're just ambushing deer on their way to or from food/bed right? Actually, it's even more honorable 'cause the deer would've been taken right in its bed.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Where's the fence? LOL They're not so stupid after all are they. They found shade with a draft. Cool.
Yep!! They Look Comfy!

Dan
Old 07-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

The way I look at it is as the deer adapt, you have to adapt as a hunter
Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking deer, crazy that they would bed there isn't it? I think I read an article a while back about a whitetail going intosomeones abandoned basement.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

This is the first year I have seen mulies using the mansion. Every year it has been whitetails so far. It's seems odd to me as there are several very large cottonwood trees in the general area of this shed. So they have plenty of shade to bed down in. Why they choose to sleep in the shed is beyond me. The deer just seem to love bedding in there. They always show up about mid May with buttons on their heads and stay thru the summer. Then they leave out about the first week of September with full racks. We often see them feeding in the yeard and pasture near the house. It is pretty neat to get to watch them grow. They all will have names at some point.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Dominant Buck

That is incredible, to me. I would have never thought they'd do that. Thanks for posting those.

There's an old barn right in my honey hole that I ALWAYS wonder why they don't bed in. It has a dirt floor basement....and the entire south side of the building is delapidated and gone. They could bed in there and be out of all the elements (except the cold....which isn't that bad, here). I've yet to find a bed in there, though.

REALLY "neat" photos, Elk......and thanks, again, for sharing.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

I checked the camera tonight and had 146 pictures of these guys just from today alone. I wish I could post them all because there is really some amazing stuff! I nicknamed this buck "Crabby" for his touching forks. Kind of a cool non typical on the one side.

I am going to get an additional trail camera. These things are almost as addicting as hunting itself!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 PM

That's pretty awesome !
Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome idea to put the trail cam in there!

thanks for sharing!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That is incredible, to me. I would have never thought they'd do that. Thanks for posting those.

There's an old barn right in my honey hole that I ALWAYS wonder why they don't bed in. It has a dirt floor basement....and the entire south side of the building is delapidated and gone. They could bed in there and be out of all the elements (except the cold....which isn't that bad, here). I've yet to find a bed in there, though.

REALLY "neat" photos, Elk......and thanks, again, for sharing.
GMMAT... at a minimum, you should have a resting area/stand/bedding area for you in that old barn. It's a great place to spend a damp, slightly breezy day when you just don't feel like fighting the elements. If they pass by it I'd have myself a comfy chair in there.

Quick Reply: While they are sleeping....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.