Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How often do you hunt? >

How often do you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often do you hunt?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Default RE: How often do you hunt?

I hunt at least 1 day if not 2 during the week and every Sat. No sun hunts in Va.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

From October 1 to November 1 I'll hunt on average two evenings during the week after work and once during the weekend (either a morning or an evening but never all day).

Then on November 1, I'm gone to to bow camp for 8 or 9 days and hunt all day every day.

By the time that's over, I'm usually done for the season. I may get out two or three times in December if I haven't filled my tags yet.

We have 3 young kids and my wife works alot of hours so she won't tolerate much more than that right now.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

every other day during the week and the weekend during bow hunting. and everyday during gun hunting... but i am only 17 and i have a part time job during the fall.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM

Mottz, I only get about the same amount of time as you buddy [&:](until the rut, that is).and I'm divorced! lol Tough to make the time when you live in the city. My closest permission propertyis about 40 minutes away. My huntin' land/cabin is about an hour and 20 [:@]
Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt every saturday all day and monday wedesday and friday afternoons so about. i have been hunting six of my sixteen years and only missed8afternoons and 12 full days (with the exception of sickeness and emergencies) two afternoons because of homecoming, six for the NWTF banquet, and12 full days because of the edison and harrisburg outdoor shows.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats TOO MUCH?!?!?!?!

man i aint never gettin married!!!!

my life and schedules are always different....but im 21 and not married...mom and girlfriend can have a cry fest if they dont like it...if i wanna go huntin, im goin huntin...mom tried complaining about my coon hunting...id leave the house at dark and not come home till midnight or somewhere around there...she didnt like being home alone(dad working sister not home..) i said MOM! you and i BOTH know theres MANY things that are ALOT worse than coon hunting for me to do...what would you rather me be doing? she said oh....ya..go hunting..have fun be careful!! nuff said...

average i hunt 3-5 days a week...if you count the different "hunts" well...its 5-10 easy...some days i'll turkey hunt the morning and coon hunt the night...or deer hunt the morning then the evening then go coon hunt...theres days i leave the house at 0dark30 and dont come home till midnight and was hunting pretty much the whole time....

perks of being 21 and single i suppose...i realize once i have a wife and family i will have to slow down....but i'll still get out....

buy a coon hound...that will really make your wife happy!! that way you can spend 7 nights a week in the woods with just your hound!! when she complains tell her you gotta hunt atleast 4-7 nights a week to keep the hound all tuned up!!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

every weekend and on thanksgiving and christmas break i hunt every day.......also every day off school
Old 07-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

but im 21 and not married...mom and girlfriend can have a cry fest if they dont like it...if i wanna go huntin, im goin huntin
Good luck to you on that train of thinkin. I use to think the same thing til my son showed up 13 months ago. Wouldn't change that for the world though.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 PM

I try to get out at least 3 times during the week after school. On the weekend I go both of the mornings and at least one night. This is for deer hunting. For turkey hunting I am mainly a weekend warrior.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get opening day off of work for archery, muzzleloading, and rifle season so it is an all day affair. After that it is pretty much every morning before work, and every evening after work. Of course there are a few missed days, but I'm pretty much out there everyday I'm allowed to be.

Quick Reply: How often do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.