Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Army digitol camo >

Army digitol camo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Army digitol camo

Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Spike

Default Army digitol camo

what do you all think about this camo? do you think it will work or is the pattern to small and not open enough.would it be better to use with a different patteren like thedigitol pants and realtree jacket or all digitoli do not know how to post a pic so if some could post one i would be greatfull. thanks for your help.all comments will be helpfull.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:53 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Default RE: Army digitol camo

i use the digital camo when it's early in the season, warm out etc. It works just fine. It's cheap for me toget. i have a friend that 's in the military and there changing their pattern again so you will see digital camo go for next to nothing in the surplus stores and online. He gives me his old uniforms and gives me boxes of left over ready to eat meal (MRE's). There actually pretty good and i can have a hot breakfast or lunch in the stand, odorless to!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

RT1 you are a sick son of a gun. I will never eat another MRE as long as I live. Of course, when I started out, we were eating C-Rations left over from the Korean War, then from the Vietnam War, then MRE's first version.... A strip of jerky, a power bar, and a bottle of water are 1000% better than MRE's.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

RT1 you are a sick son of a gun. I will never eat another MRE as long as I live. Of course, when I started out, we were eating C-Rations left over from the Korean War, then from the Vietnam War, then MRE's first version.... A strip of jerky, a power bar, and a bottle of water are 1000% better than MRE's.
Oh c'mon they're not that bad!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kamil

Oh c'mon they're not that bad!!!
We used to get them for 90 days at a time (breakfast, lunch, & dinner). Yes, they are that bad if you ate them on the regularity we had them. They'd stop you up for about 10 days and then in -20 temps, not including wind chill, in the middle of the night. BOOM! My son used to say they weren't that bad either until I made him eat them for 4 days straight. He won't touch them anymore either.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Spike

I use a Realtree type top and I still have Army woodland camo bottoms with camo rubber boots w/ Realtree pattern. Service dates KY ARNG 1984 - 2005
I might check into the digital stuff if they're swaping out then I'll be able to find some around my area, Ft. Knox.

The MRE's or Mr. E's as we called themdid get better from the 80's on with heaters to actually warm up the meal. The veggie ones absolutely inhaled profusely aka sucked. In the early 90's I enjoyed MRE #10, they were numbered, tuna casserole. It was great warmed up with the little Tobasco sauce.
But the aftermath, I refer to it asThe Pepsi can poo. It's like giving birth, 2 hands on the rails feet straight and a cigarette afterwards. Those were the days.
Does anyone remember T-Rations? Yam patty T-Rations? Yeah that's right, they were weapons.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:13 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

That was a huge joke. I wouldn't come close to eating them. I would **** my fricking head off. I have to seriouslywatch what i eat now to avoid that. I do get the boxes from my buddy. i just store them in the basement. He says to stay away from the spam.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is the marine corps digital camo i think it would be better in a tree
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me, the military digital patterns have too much tan in them to be safe in the deer woods. Yeah, thereis some green/black in there but there is an awful lot of tan that looks like deer hide.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Asat has a ton of tan and people that use it swear by it

Quick Reply: Army digitol camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.