Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what should I do?? >

what should I do??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what should I do??

Old 07-21-2008, 09:07 AM

Default what should I do??

My taxi said that he wanted to re mount my 07 deer. Im notthrilled with it either. He said he could re mount with a better form for no cost. Should I do it? should I havr the sneak mount with his head slightly down and turned?? or what?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what should I do??

Brother, that one don't look bad to me but if you aren't happy with it, then you need to get it redone if he is offering. I personally like the perked look on my deer, The wayI decide is to kind of have an idea of where I am putting them in a room and get it done to go in the room, looking left, looking right and so on....That's a dandy buck...I don't think I have seen him before ...Congrats!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Texas thanks bud here is another view of him, I just wonder if he will look better with his head down? He also is very short in the form he used.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

how about a side view it looks good why does he want to remount it
Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a big fan of the sneak mount myself, but I don't see any problems with your mount as of yet. How about a look from the side. Is your taxi just not happy with the form, or is he not happy with the job he did?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

It might just be me but the full Sneak mount is by far my least favorite style........I'm not sure I've ever seen one that looked very good. Its just an odd pose to me?
One of my best friends wanted to get a full sneak on his P&Y New York buck last year and I about tackled him before he went to the taxidermist.
He has mentioned several times after the fact that he's glad he listened after seeing a few.

I think to get the most out of a deer you need something a little more dynamic with at least a little head turn and no lower than a semi-sneak.

But like I said it's a matter of personal preference.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

It might just be me but the full Sneak mount is by far my least favorite style........I'm not sure I've ever seen one that looked very good. Its just an odd pose to me?
One of my best friends wanted to get a full sneak on his P&Y New York buck last year and I about tackled him before he went to the taxidermist.
He has mentioned several times after the fact that he's glad he listened after seeing a few.

I think to get the most out of a deer you need something a little more dynamic with at least a little head turn and no lower than a semi-sneak.

But like I said it's a matter of personal preference.
The full sneak deer mount looks as realistic as a small black bear with his front paws in the air snarling at some invisible foe.[]
Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 AM

The taxi doesn't like the form and frankly, I don't either, I think I will get him to do something else. Thanks guys!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

The taxi doesn't like the form and frankly, I don't either, I think I will get him to do something else. Thanks guys!
Good choice, Landon ... you don't like it, and it's free .....no brainer
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not a fan either of the full sneak, and your's looks like he's looking under a door or something, and surprised by what he sees! Can't beat that offer, have him take another stab at it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.