Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remorse?

Old 07-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remorse?

Compassion is a good term. Respectful. I know when I harvest a deer being doe or buck a will plop down right beside it and comb all of its ruffled hair back in place. I know a lot of thoughts go through my head and I just sit there and think. Maybe even humbled could be the term.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arthur P--as you can plainly see, I was absolutely kidding. I am WAY over that thread. I have been talking with davidmil on here lately and have had some good discussions. I have no problem with you at all and I am sorry if I offended you in any way. I was having a good time and laughing ( I am part of that laughing because I do get silly at times as well). Again, nothing personal, just having some fun. Best of luck this season Arthur.

Brett
Old 07-21-2008, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

A favorite quote of mine. kind of sums it up

"We don't hunt to kill, we kill in order to have hunted."
Old 07-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

VS, nice try on the innocent act. Once is kidding. Twice is being a chicken**** troll. I've blocked you.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll kill a doe with fawns. I'll kill a fawn with a doe.

When I realized the animal I'm killing is incapable of feeling emotion......I began to have "different" feelings, myself, when killing them.

Compassion is a good word. Admiration and respect are two others. How something that size is able to peruse the woods, most times undetected by humans, demands respect. I give it when I'm lucky enough to take one of them.

How another of the herd "feels" when I take out one of their bretheren, though.....I don't give a second thought to.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes I get all teary eyed, then I just use the sleeve on my blouse to wipe the tears away while I fill up the freezer.

I kid, I kid.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

No sadness, remorse or compassion unless I make a bad shot and things don't go as cleanly as they should.

I do not take any enjoyment innor do I feel bad for the actual act of killing an animal. It is just part of the hunt.

I do feel bad if I see them suffering or maimed.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

How soon after a kill do you begin to feel a twinge of remorse for the animal, if at all?

Do you find yourself feeling this at all while watching hunting shows or reading articles on hunting?
I have pondered this very thing since I killed my first deer in 1991. I think that as soon as the adrenaline wears off I begin to get "that feeling" that you are referring to. Over the years I have begun to debate whether it is truly remorse or just the "crash" associated with the amazing high that I experienced. I don't know that I have an answer to that for myself yet. All I know is that I feel and have felt that way about every big game animal I have ever taken. Every one. The one thing I do know for certain is that every time I am able to take an animal with my bow I am caught up in the totallity of it and find myself truly in awe of our world and how blessed we all are to be a part of it.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feeltotal respect and gratefulness but not remorse!!!!
me too!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I may have had a little after I shot my first deer 34 years ago, but not since then.

Quick Reply: Remorse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.