Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective? >

Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I can Tony, I hunt with every thing thats legal in as many states as I have time for. It starts with early goose season and ends with late grouse season. Bow seasons ,slug gun seasons,rifle seasons and shot gun seasons.
In PA we get one buck tag and I use mine wisely,NY same thing in slug season then our rifle season comes in and I have friends from all over the country come home to hunt,play cards and lie about past hunts, I would not miss it for the world.

I guess not enjoying all of the seasons would be like going to the strip club to see your wife.
CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If you askyourquestion to a gun hunter only,you will most likely get a favorable response to most types of hunting and the traditions that go along with them. If you ask this question to a bow hunter only you will most likely get a completely different view of your fellow hunters....Makes you wonder huh?
Works both ways, John.....and your post proves it.

Now I love ya, brother.....but bowhunters get a bad rep with gun hunters, also. We're the "plague" around here.....because we're seen as getting "their" deer before they can legally ge tto them. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a "gun" hunter put down bowhunters for wounding/maiming game.....I'd have enough to buy one of your rookie cards at auction.

Well...you know what I mean.

Have a great weekend.
You can bet it does Jeff...And I've seen the nasty side of gun hunters just as you describe. But, overall the number is skewed way more to the bow hunter elitist than gun hunter elitist. Sad but true...but hey I'm doing my best to "shine the light of open mindedness" upon the masses.

You have a great weekend too bud!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I doubt that i would find that GMMAT, and i also doubt that i would hear much trashtalking about bow hunters, even though the gun hunters dominate. Kind of makes my point.
I don's see trash talking, here, Lanse.

John: I agree wholeheartedly with your last post.

Have a good weekend, all. Peace out.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

You might look a little closer at some of the comments here and in other threads where gun hunting is discussed. You may not consider it trashtalking, but it is a hell of a lot more negative than the comments that you will hear about bowhunters by gun hunters elsewhere. I would be happy to be proven wrong in this, but based on the comments by some other folks as well, i think that i am on the right track.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Site Bouncer

I'm "outa here" too.....I'm about to take my 325lb fat Italian arse and get in the pool with the family.....WhooooHoooo cannon ball!! Well not quite, I think I'd splash all the water out of it.[&:][&:](not a very big pool)

Don't fight guys....we're all in this (hunting) together!

later taters......
Old 07-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well BigJ, unfortunately some of us are emphasizing "togetherness' a bit more than others.

I'm outta here too.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my hunting period! I love my bows and I love my guns! I hunt the same way no matter the weapon in hand! I've killed deer at 10 yards on a few different occasions with.... yeah a gun! Just because you hunt with a gun dosn't mean you have to shoot at something 200+ yards away! You get out of it what you put in to it, at least I do!

I wonder how guys mindsets would change if they could only Bowhunt hunt for a week or 2 out of the year, kinda like turning the seasons around, longer gun and shorter bow seasons??? I wonder who would pick up a gun and hunt deer then? It just hard for me to imagine that folks never gun hunted for deer before... To each his own!

I love passing on the Tradition of the November gun season to my son and nephews like my Father and Grandfather did to me and my Brothers! Sure is something very special that I wouldn't miss for the life of me!

Great post PreacherBro!!!!!!! Sure would be kinda cool to share a camp one day brother, gun or bow!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Great post PreacherBro!!!!!!! Sure would be kinda cool to share a camp one day brother, gun or bow!
I would love to, Joe
Old 07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my opinion Bow hunters as a whole are far less likely to allow others to their "frankfurter roasts or picnics or parties or marshmallow toasts."

Again this is just my take on it but judging by what I've seen in my area and what I've read right here on this site over the years...I don't think I'm too far off.
You better start paying more attention to what some of us say and post for pics on here then. I for one am part of a small great group of guys that get together for 6 to 7 days of straight bow hunting for bears. Camping, tenting, campfires, BSing, cooking over a fire, sucking down cold ones, lots of hunting story's get told from the years past over and over again and to top it off we do some serious bear hunting. This just doesn't happen on our bear hunting trips either being we get a group together usually for a trip to Wisconsin also. We have a blast hunting and at the same time were serious about the animals were hunting.

It really depends on who you hunt with or what type of people you choose to surround yourself with. The group of bow hunters I hunt with are the farthest thing from what's been described by you.

Like I said before we need the gun seasons to control populations. I'll stand up for a gun hunters rights till the day I die whether I would use a gun or not for hunting!!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You mean.....like going to the strip club v. being with your wife?

I'm not following you......
LMAO!!

I wouldn't know about that one Jeff!

but then it could depend on the Strip Club and also depend on your Wife![8D]

Dan

Quick Reply: Bowhunting and gun hunting ..... a different perspective?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.