Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A little help?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Default A little help?

Hey everybody, I am 17 years old, have my bow and everything I need, and I just moved to Colorado Springs, CO in February. I live out in the forest, Black Forest to be specific, and am taking hunter's safety next week. How the heck do I go about finding a place to hunt? Should I stick to public land? What are the rules and laws for being able to hunt my own land? I have done my reading in books and on the site for the past couple years so I think I know pretty much everything in regards to the basics and some of the more in depth stuff, I just haven't been out yet, and CO is a tough state to get started without anyone else. P.S. I will probably shoot for a antlerless mule deer tag. Thanks ya'll!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A little help?

m taking hunter's safety next week. How the heck do I go about finding a place to hunt? Should I stick to public land? What are the rules and laws for being able to hunt my own land? I have done my reading in books and on the site for the past couple years so I think I know pretty much everything in regards to the basics and some of the more in depth stuff, I just haven't been out yet, and CO is a tough state to get started without anyone else. P.S. I will probably shoot for a antlerless mule deer tag. Thanks ya'll!
I would contact tthe fish and game or check their website. You can find out a lot of information from them as well as the county clerk's office.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Start here. http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/PlanYourHunt/If you are surrounded by public land why not hunt it? Start scouting close to home and see what you can find.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:02 PM

Both of those really helped, thank you. I do have one more question though: is there any way that I can figure out of the land behind me is state land or not online or do I have to ask around? Thank you all so much!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

try the town office, they should be able to provide all land owners and the boundaries

[quote][Both of those really helped, thank you. I do have one more question though: is there any way that I can figure out of the land behind me is state land or not online or do I have to ask around? Thank you all so much!/quote]