Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wisconsin & Minnesotaa underated states for deer hunting >

Wisconsin & Minnesotaa underated states for deer hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin & Minnesotaa underated states for deer hunting

Old 07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin & Minnesotaa underated states for deer hunting

Good luck with that. Everyone takes hunting pretty serious in that part of WI. Big farms. Head towards Baraboo and check out the bluffs and what not. Baraboo has some awesome views and makes a good road trip.

ORIGINAL: RT1

I've never been to Wisconsin.

My wife and i are taking our two young sons to wisconsin dells at the end of august for a week long vacation.(water park rule)I plan on trying to network and do a little scounting and see if i can maybe develop some contacts in the area and maybe hook a spot to hunt? (unlikely though) But i'm real excited to see the area and a state that i've never been to.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

i figured it would be a pipe dream
ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Good luck with that. Everyone takes hunting pretty serious in that part of WI. Big farms. Head towards Baraboo and check out the bluffs and what not. Baraboo has some awesome views and makes a good road trip.

My wife and i are taking our two young sons to wisconsin dells at the end of august for a week long vacation.(water park rule)I plan on trying to network and do a little scounting and see if i can maybe develop some contacts in the area and maybe hook a spot to hunt? (unlikely though) But i'm real excited to see the area and a state that i've never been to.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Minnesota is not underated just mis-managed IMO for whitetails.
Thank you Mn DNR![>:]
A big thanks also goes out to the weekend warrior orange mafia! If you see a flicker of brown and white, you send that lead 'aflyin', when you send you're troops (sometimes upward of 30 soldiers) through those thick minnesota swamps, it's like D day all over again! We salute you Minnesota rifle hunters!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Minnesota is not underated just mis-managed IMO for whitetails.
Thank you Mn DNR![>:]
A big thanks also goes out to the weekend warrior orange mafia! If you see a flicker of brown and orange, you send that lead 'aflyin', when you send you're troops (sometimes upward of 30 soldiers) through those thick Minnesota swamps, it's like D day all over again! We salute you Minnesota rifle hunters!
That was awesome Kyle!!! I love it and man is there truth to that!!! Amen to that one!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great the secrets out. But to get your license here all you have to do is go to a license dealer or walmart and get your non res tag. They will need your ss# and or hunter education # if you were born on or after January 1 1973. Once youre in the system once youll be issues a DNR customer number wich will stay with you over the years. Its pretty simple to get your license here.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is public hunting grounds around the dells. Take a DuckTour and you go through some of the State Forest.It is pretty easy to hunt in WI There is a ton of public land and for bowhunting it should be quiter than gun season.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:01 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

Were definately going on the dells duck tour amphibious vehicle ride.
It might be weird that lake delton is gone, hopefully the army corps of engineers can rebuild what they need to and restore the lake. I guess it's really beautiful aroung there.
ORIGINAL: 130woodman

There is public hunting grounds around the dells. Take a DuckTour and you go through some of the State Forest.It is pretty easy to hunt in WI There is a ton of public land and for bowhunting it should be quiter than gun season.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

"Many," hell. I'm the only one in the greater Dayton area.[:@]
Hey, I'm from that area.... WAIT A MINUTE