Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Going bow shopping!!  Help!! >

Going bow shopping!! Help!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going bow shopping!! Help!!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Going bow shopping!! Help!!

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

I have a Sasquatch friend that has the drenalin and he likes it.
Sasquatch?!?! Ouch

Thanks for theinputs guys, keep them coming!
Sorry just having fun!!!
I forgot you had big feelings too...
Mine are small feelings, so people can say what they want about me.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Spike

Then you don't want a Bowtech. Everything in bold is the reason to go the Mathews route. The portion in italics is the reson to go with the commander.
x2
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Dren LD for sure, i shoot the drenaline alot considering that is my dad's bow of choice... i don't have a big enough pocket...it might not be the fastest, but its smooth, quiet, and its relliable. but the Bowtech 101st is also a great bow. fast too.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm more interested in a smooth draw, very low hand shock, and quiet. I'm not going to be taking shots at deer at 45-50 yards. A smooth draw is very important. I really don't like bows with a hard "wall" at the end of their draw cycle.
Then you don't want a Bowtech. Everything in bold is the reason to go the Mathews route. The portion in italics is the reson to go with the commander.

Good luck.

You just described why you should keep the bow you have
I've been getting along fine with my Switchback but it is toooo short in DL for me. I got it for a good price about 2 years ago. I can feel the torque in my hand when I'm practicing because I'm over-extending myself and the bow. I know my form is suffering from the short DL too.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't worry, most on here giving advise haven't shot them all either.
Once I shot the Commander, wasn't much point in shooting anything else. Love at first draw. I didn't buy one for myself was because I knew the pain that shooting a bow caused me would soon override my desire, the point I reached just a few months after I'd shot the bow. If I'd thought I had another 5 years to go, I'd be shooting a Commander - with an extra long string loop - right now.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I've been getting along fine with my Switchback but it is toooo short in DL for me. I got it for a good price about 2 years ago. I can feel the torque in my hand when I'm practicing because I'm over-extending myself and the bow. I know my form is suffering from the short DL too.
I have no idea (on if yours can be retrofitted with a cam of your specific DL)....but a new cam is about $90.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

All 4 bows listed are good shooters. You really can't go wrong with any of them. I think the big thing for you (since you know you are currently torquing the Switchback) is to find which bow holds the best at full draw. That's not something any of us can tell you.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry dave post should have read have had both, I have neither of them now -
Old 07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try shooting a Darton Bow before you you buy!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

All 4 bows listed are good shooters. You really can't go wrong with any of them. I think the big thing for you (since you know you are currently torquing the Switchback) is to find which bow holds the best at full draw. That's not something any of us can tell you.
The only reason I'm torquing it at full draw is b/c the DL is too short, otherwise it is fine.

Quick Reply: Going bow shopping!! Help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.