Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help Me!  New bow? >

Help Me! New bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help Me! New bow?

Old 07-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help Me! New bow?

Hey All,
Help me decide whether or not to get a new bow. I have an 05 Hoyt, and I'm really gettin the urge to get new bow. Having a family of three its not as easy as it used to be to spend money on hunting stuff or the obvious reasons. I would sell my current bow, and I have a birthday coming up that I will probably get some money from... I wont have to buy any accesories other than the bow. I'd keep my rest, quiver, stablizer, arrows, case etc... And have cabelas points I'm going to use for a new sight.. So I'm looking at the cost of a new bow minus what I get for my current setup, and any money I get for my b-day....

Should I do it??

P.S. If your interested in my current bow, its in good shape, has a relatively new set of winners choice strings, and will come w/ sight, whiskerbisquet rest, and STS string surpressor and lims saver stabilizer... Send me a PM about pricing.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 PM

Default RE: Help Me! New bow?

Why don't you and the guy looking to get rid of his bowtech just swap! I have an 8 year old bow and it still shoots just fine. Save your money, it kills a deer just as good as any. Besides it already sounds like a screamer. New toys are always nice, but with the family factor you never know when you will need a little extra cash. If you need something new, just get the sight. Never can tell when you'll need that cash on hand.

Just a thought.

Justin
Old 07-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If i was you i would wait another year or two and start putting money away for a new one. 3 years is not that old any way. but it is your decision
Old 07-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know where you are coming from, I held off for three years after I first started wanting a new one. I did not need a new one, Ijust wanted a new one, so I was having a hard justifying a new one. Plus, I already had three at the house and the wife would have a hard time with adding another bow without any justification. I sold a couple and then found the one on here!!!! The bow I found on here wasn't even a year old and b/c I wasn't needing one I had time and the money saved up I got a good deal. Ultimately it is your choice but if it is justa want and you DO NOT need anew bowand you are strapped for the money, I would hold off as well!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you have a plan put together. I have an 07 Vectrix for sale... I'll make you a birthday deal!