Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cudeback Problem >

Cudeback Problem

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cudeback Problem

Old 07-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cudeback Problem

Just got my first Cudeback....an "older," no-frills model, but one I've heard great things about ("Excite" maybe?? 2.0 mega pixel - it was $229). Anyway, i got the compact flash memory card it called for (a 4gb card?....lots of memory, should work fine), and formatted it in the unit. That didn't work, so per the instructions, I formatted it on my sons computer. Again, it didn't work. I kept getting an error message that says "card full." It's a brand new card, so it can't be full! The instructions say you may have to format the card a couple of time to get it to work right....so I've done it 4 times now. Still getting the error message.

Any suggestions?

I've heard such great things about Cudeback trail cameras, but so far, I'm out about $300 total and have nothing but frustration to show for it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 07-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cudeback Problem

4gb is a huge card. I use 2gb and under with my cudde's. I wonder if the card is to big?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know my dads cuddeback no flash only recomends a 1gb card as the largest. Id try getting a smaller card. Really you wont be out anything if the camera doesnt work,because regardless of what kind of camera you have its easiest to have 2 cards so you can just swap them out in the field.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

like said above maybe try and buy a smaller card... i have a 2gb card and it works good bu ti have the expert camera to... But during the day time my camera takes blurry pictures so i dono if its from the sun or what... cuz the sun was almost right on it.. night time pictures work good though..
Old 07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Do you have to format a brand new card? I've always just put them in the unit and they worked.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have an EXCITE and LOVE it! I only use a 1gb card. That's all you really need. As far as formatting, the manual says it will do it automatically if required. Formatting completely erases all files from the card, never to be retrieved again.
I only used mine last year, but had GREAT results with no problems. When you store it during the off season make sure you take the batteries out.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

The Excite camera will only accept upto 1gb memory cards.Anything above that will give you card full error.It might even take a picture or 2 before that error comes up.Even the new No Flash cant go over 2gb without the same error coming up.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure about your camera and the size of card it can take as others have mentioned. On memory cards, there is a little slide switch that will lock the card so nothing can be written to it. If your cam can take this card then maybe this little slide switch is in the lock position. Just a thought....
Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MECHDOC

The Excite camera will only accept upto 1gb memory cards.Anything above that will give you card full error.It might even take a picture or 2 before that error comes up.Even the new No Flash cant go over 2gb without the same error coming up.
What he said.

And if anyone is looking to pick up an Excite we have them in stock w/free shipping through the end of July.

http://trailcam.com/shopping/Products/Cuddeback-Excite-20-MP-Digital-Trail-Camera__NT-C2000.aspx
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

It was indeed the memory card! Put in a 1g card, and had 37 pictures in one week!
Thanks!
csn

Quick Reply: Cudeback Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.