Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Rangefinder does everyone use? >

Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

I finally have enough BPS reward points to buy a rangefinder. I'm looking at the Nikon Laser 550 riflehunter, the Leupold RX-1, the Bushnell scout 1000. Who uses which one and what do you like and dislike about it. I'm alsointerested to hear if the eye relief is adequate for someone wearing glasses.

Mike
Old 07-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

I use the nikon 800 hits its target fast. Had the Leupold RX-II sent it back would not hit target half the time. Read the reviews on Leupold before you buy their rangefinder.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 AM

Nikon makes an excellent product. Though I don't use the model in question, I've had nothing but good luck with their products in the past.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im so good at estimating range I dont need a range finder besides why carry more than really needed into the woods.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I've been looking at the Nikon but I just like to hear other's opinions before I sink so much money into something.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:30 AM

I use the nikon 800 monarch.. good quality
Old 07-11-2008, 08:56 AM

I just recently bought the Bushnell 1000 ARC to replace my old 800 that finally went south. I looked at the Leupold but heard it had some issues so went with the bushnell. I like it so far, let me get a season with it and then I will know for sure.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I've been using a Bushnell yardage pro 450 for about 7-8 years. It's accurate to +/- 1yd to450 yds.

ONLY downfall to this rangefinder is that it won't shoot through the mesh if your netting is down on your blind. I only turkey hunt out of my blind....so my netting is never down.

At $150.....it's tough to beat.....and since I only take shots inside 450yds[8D].....the extended yardage capabilities of the other models would leave me paying for something I'll never use.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Leupold RX-II. I really like it and have never had a problem. Seems very accurate when comparing it with other models also.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 AM

I use the ArcherRange Rangefinder!
I just introduced it at the ATA show in January so there are very few that have used it, but all that have are amazed at how accurate,consistent, and simple to useit is.
Keep it in mind to tell your buddies about it that don't have a rangefinder or are new at the sport. It will greatly assist in game recovery and helps keep people interested in bowhunting!
It retails at $49.95 and can be seen at www.ArcherRange.com . No batteries needed!!

Quick Reply: Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.